PROBLEMS WITH INTESTIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROBLEMS WITH INTESTIM

I HAVE HAD MY PERMANANT INTERSTIM SINCE LAST MARCH AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH IT!MY PAIN MANGEMENT DR. DID A X-RAY 2 WKS. AGO AND ONLY 1 WIRE SHOWED UP IN MY SPINE..THE OTHER ONE WAS JUST CURLED AROUND. NO ONE AT MY UROLOGIST SEEMS TO BE TAKING THIS SERIOUS AT ALL. I CAN'T SIT FLAT ON MY BUTT WITHOUT GETTING SEVERE SPASMS IN MY BACK. PAIN DR. HAS PUT ME ON 5MG. VALIUMX2. IT IS STOPPING THE SPASMS WHICH IN TURN IS HELPPING THE PAIN, BUT ALL I DO IS CRY! WHY WON'T THEY HELP ME ? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? IF YOU DO PLEASE POST ME A MESSAGE.THANKS ..LOVE AND PRAYERS.....TRISH

Trish,

Have you considered contacting Medtronics and finding out who the representative for your area is? Perhaps he could give you a few suggestions on what to do. You can find the contact information for medtonics at http://www.medtronics.com

Diane

Comment

{{{{{{{{{{Trish}}}}}}}}}}

I am so sorry. Interstim is a journey, isn't it? Did you have the surgery last month??? or a year ago last month? Have you had any improvement at all with your frequency or urgency??? If not, this might be time for you to ask for a either a revision (i.e. to re-position the electrode), or perhaps to reprogram the box or a removal.

Is your doctor giving you any clue at all? Did he do the surgery???

Jill
      Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Trish, you need to get you interstim ID card and call the 1-800 # on the back of it and tell them that you have the interstim and it is causing you a lot of pain. Tell them that the exrays showed that there are wires that are not attached. I have had my interstim removed because of a malfuntion, but when it was in me, they didnt know what was wrong with it, it was causing me a lot of pain also, and my doc told me that if there was a wire that had moved, it could be shorting out. Touching a nerve that it wasnt supposed to or something, and this is not something that you want to wait on. I know, my doc and medtronics rep said that if the interstim is giving you discomfort, than something is not right, and you need to remove it, even if you want a different one in, if it is helping your urgency/frequency. Tell your doc that you demand him to do something. He put this thing in you, so he is responcible if there is something going wrong. Dont let them tell you what to do, this is your body honey. I know what pain you are in, and it is not a good feeling. I will be praying for you. Let me know what happens please. Nobody should ever have to feel that kindof pain. If you want to email me, you can [email protected] I have been through all the interstim bs, and I will never let them push me around again. You shouldnt either!!! Just remember, this is your body, not their's, they are not the ones in pain!!!!!
        Hope everyone is having good poddy days!!!!!!!

~Jasmine~

Comment

PLEASE take Jasmine's advise.....she had to learn her lesson's the HARD way but she's a fighter and didn't let the system push her around.

wishing you the BEST~
          teri
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Working...
          X