Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THIS D$%* thing!!! UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS D$%* thing!!! UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN!!!

I am having such a hard time with this implant...it started to work really well. I had one day where I only visited the ladies room 5 times. 5x in a 24 hour period!!!! And I had taken in the normal capacity for H20!!!!(I am usually up to 20x or as high as 49x in a day!) Well, now I'm being woken up in the nite....to pee. During the day its not working so well either....sometimes I have to pee every 10-15 min. <tears, tears and more tears>

Is this just another "DOWN" period? Should I try and ride it out....I haven't eaten or done anything out of the ordinary....This is SO discouraging. I'm trying to be positive...you know that whole "positive thinking leads to succss." Its just so rollercoaster-ish. I'm up, I'm down, I'm up, I'm down, and now it keeps going down-ward. I don't mean to pester--this is just so hard on me...I don't know if I should push to get adjusted or leave it be---what if I f*** it up even more! I could scream and cry <stamping feet>.

Should I call the rep, turn it up, turn it down, turn it off?????? Oh help!!!! I just may snatch myself bald before the weekend's thru!
    Sad n' blue,
    y.
    Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

PS: My incision on my spine....the vertical one--looks OK and its healing nicely but that area feels like someone Karate-kicked it...HARD!!!
    Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

Comment

{{{{{yvette}}}}} took a long time for the incision in my spine to feel okay, and I mean a long time. Now I am experiencing that wonderful thing called 'referred pain' in my tail bone but it's worth the trade off.
      I have good days and I have bad days with my implant. Days where I pee 5 times, days where I'm in there every 1/2 hour. I turn my unit up until it's uncomfortable but I won't turn it up to the painful point. I try to blow off the more frequent days because I think even 'normal' people have days where they go more than usual. I still get up at least one time at night to pee....it's not the urgency that's waking me up, it's the pain of the urine laying in my bladder.
      If you are having more bad days than good days, I would call and ask what can be done.
      Took 6-9 months for them to get my adjustment to where it is now and that seemed like the longest 6-9 months of my life. I was so afraid that I had gone thru the surgery for nothing. It just took time. Time for the body to heal, and time for the adjustment that was right for ME. RuthN also had to wait awhile for her's to be adjusted properly and she's the one who was soooooooo helpful to me when I was going thru it. Because of her, I NEVER gave up hope for a second, and you shouldn't either......and please try to remember, we now have a tool with the interstim but we STILL have IC, which we all know has a mind of it's own.
      tons and tons of hugs teri
      teri
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Thanks so much Teri! I am absolutely at my wit's end today.....I'm back to pre-interstim now. And that's me peeing every 5-10 min. The urgency stinks and the frequency is SOOOOOoo out of control. I can't even think straight any more. I just called the Rep and he wants to try and come to me to adjust me because I'm doing so badly, but he doenst know when yet--he'll be out of state this week .....Thanks for your encouragement, I really need it and appreciate it right now....
        hugs to you,
        y.

Comment

{{{{{{{{Yvette}}}}}}}}}}}}

I hope you're able to get an adjustment and will feel better soon. You're in my thoughts, my friend!

Hugs and encouragement,
          Melanie J.
          "The sun shines not on us, but in us." John Muir

Living a happy life in spite of IC! http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/melanie.html

Comment

Yvette,
            Sending healing thoughts your way. I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope you get relief soon.
            take care,
            Melanie
            Melanie
            __

Comment

Yvette, I'm so sorry you're having a hard time right now with your Interstim. I have to admit I have not been able to read hardly any of the posts for some time, and I really don't know anything about the successes or filures of the Interstim in IC. I want to find out at some point so I won't be operating totally blindly if I respond to someone who's had this procedure. I think you're all extremely courageous for trying this. I do hope that it's just temporary bad days at times, and that soon those will be less and less. I want, so badly, for the Interstim to work well for those of you who have gone through this procedure. I will keep you, and all of your bionic siblings, in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you will soon have good relief because all of you deserve it.

Much love,
              Carol

Comment

{{{{{{{{yvette}}}}}}}}

The ladies on the board have said it so well! Thank you Teri, Melanie, MelanieJ & Carol. It's true. You have shown a tremendous amount of courage and strength. So.. over the weekend, go slow... focus.. do relaxation.. and try to keep your stress level at a minimum so that.. when the rep comes around.. you'll be ready for that adjustment. With luck, he's already called you????

Big hugs my friend! (Nicely done everyone. I loved your responses!)

Jill
                Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Thanks to all of you....I'm still feeling frazzled about all this, I fell very let down. Its been very hard to try and explain to friends, family and co-workers that even though I had surgery, things are not "all better". I'm still having weird "phantom" pain in and around my incisions. Some of the sensations feel like someone pulling at stitches that are no longer there (very wierd). I've been feeling alone in this--maybe I'm feeling lonely, I'm not sure which. Maybe its a bit of both.... Again I really want to let each of you know, I thank you so much for your kind words, I feel beat and can't wait for Friday to be over. Your kind words and thoughts will surely help me through this.
                  love,
                  y.

Comment

Working...
                  X