FINALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY

Things have moved really fast over the last few days. My primary care doctor has been trying to help in get into see someone who deals with Interstim. (This has been difficult because there isn't anyone in my network and even those out of network don't accept my insurance.) A urologist, in Chicago (2 1/2 hours away) agreed to see me and set up special arrangements with the insurance company on Tuesday. I got in to see him today.

He was so great! He deals a lot with IC, a refreshing change from the doctor I had to see in network who specializes in prostate problems. {The doctor I normally have to see gives off the impression that IC is an over diagnoised hysterical womens condition too.}

I had my Interstim implant reprogrammed today as well. The doctor was also more than open to the idea of removing the unit if that's what I felt needed to be done. I don't have unrealistic expectations that the reprogramming will fix the problems that always seem to come back. There was some discussion about the fact that I might not have been the best candidate for interstim in the first place. It's just nice to have a doctor acknowledge that the problems with Interstim and IC I have are real and not my fault.

Jen
    IC dx 1996
    Interstim 2000 removed & reimplanted 2001 & 2004
    Hunners ulcers
    urgency/frequency
    Pain

Hi Jen, I'm so glad to hear your good news! What a relief it must be to be in contact with a physician who not only knows his stuff but also will listen to you and treat you with the respect you deserve (hooray for your primary care Dr. too, for helping you find your new uro)! Sounds like it was worth the long ride. You're really doing such a great job sorting through everything too. I hope that the reprogramming brings you some relief. But, just as important, it sounds like you're in a really good place to make decisions about your future now that you know you're on the same page as the Dr. who's treating you. Best wishes, little bear

Comment

Thanks Littlebear!

I am already having some weird stimulation and it hasn't even been 24 hours since the reprogramming. I'm not really disappointed, I knew it was highly likely that this would happen. Knowing I have a doctor willing to remove it makes it easier to cope with....getting my insurance company to go along with that maybe another story!

Jen
      IC dx 1996
      Interstim 2000 removed & reimplanted 2001 & 2004
      Hunners ulcers
      urgency/frequency
      Pain

Comment

hugs Jen,
        sorry you are having a rough way to go with the interstim. after my hydro I feel it in three places lmao and it actually is better had the hydro reprogram
        you need anything email me ok
        Brat
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Hi Jen,
          I am starting to research interstim and I was wondering if you would mind sharing what it is that would have made you "not the best candidate".
          Thanks,
          Cath
          One day at a time

Comment

Hi Jen,

I hope all begins to go well for you. It's too bad that it was given to you if you were not a good candidate. But it was all the doctor's opinion I suppose. I hope things get squared away soon. Take care.

Cathy--my uro said what made me a good candidate was my frequency (40 times a day, 10 at night), bladder spasms, horrible urgency that would make me leak sometimes, and bouts of retention. Also that peeing razors feeling, ya know? Every uro is different in his opinion though. Good luck.

Hugs and love,
            Jess
            Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Working...
            X