Problems with interstim......wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with interstim......wow!

My medtronic rep and doctor led me to believe that I was the only one whose device just...stopped working. I had it put in in december. Three weeks ago, I couldnt get it to sync. I immediately started having flare ups comparable to the pre-diagnosed era. It took me three weeks to get my rep on the phone. I never got the doctor who put it in, on the phone or in person. I had to call another doctor who just moved to the area, to see if he could help. He put the devices in where he used to practice but was not set up to install or service here. After two weeks, he was able to speak with my rep....but not from a returned phone call. The rep showed up in his office to pitch the medtronic idea.
    Went in today to meet the rep in my former doctors office. At first he just wanted to tell me I wasnt doing it right and just needed to use a different program. It took my dad and myself to convince the man that im not an idiot. He used his programmer to detect it and sure enough, it was off. He tried about twenty times to get my programmer to detect it....it wouldnt. So, he reset my remote, it worked....i came home.
    It just stopped.......again. My husband and I have both tried synchi ng it, to no avail. It took me three weeks to find this guy....another three weeks will send me to the er here when the blood returns to my urine and causes uncontrollable pain. This is a smal town, the er drs here have called me crazy and have admitted they know nothing about this device or anything like a pacemaker. They tell me to followup with the dr who put it in, but I cant get her, much less her nurse on the phone. That office is the closest and its two hours away......and I cant drive, so I have to hope someone is up for such a trip.
    I was convinced that this would be worth it and even more convinced that I would have issues within a few years!!

And since the installation, i have developed issues with the L1 nerve in my hip......

Anyone else with a similiar experience or development?
    IC for 6+ years now. 29 years old. Biological mother of one, step mother to three. Artist. *Medical history: Four miscarriages, total hysterectomy at age 27. Endometriosis, pelvic congestion syndrome,gasteoparesis, lower extremity neurological issues (waiting diagnosis), frequent kidney stones, anemia, plantar fascitis, restless leg syndrome, underweight. *Currently taking: Neurontin, Zoloft, Zofran, Bentyl, Requip, Vicoden, and Otc sleep aids.

Interstim

Has this affected your ability to work?
    Katrina
    [email protected]@sbcglobal.net

Comment

Yes

It has. The IC itself prevented me from working. I was filing disability when we made the decision to get the implant , which resulted in the doctor denying I was disabled. I worked for a bit, and was laid off. I was searching for a job when this mess started. I just called the rep, so we'll see what happens I guess. Thanks for your interest.
      IC for 6+ years now. 29 years old. Biological mother of one, step mother to three. Artist. *Medical history: Four miscarriages, total hysterectomy at age 27. Endometriosis, pelvic congestion syndrome,gasteoparesis, lower extremity neurological issues (waiting diagnosis), frequent kidney stones, anemia, plantar fascitis, restless leg syndrome, underweight. *Currently taking: Neurontin, Zoloft, Zofran, Bentyl, Requip, Vicoden, and Otc sleep aids.

Comment

Working...
      X