I got my bion implanted!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my bion implanted!!!!

Well, I got my surgery on OCT.1 and started feeling better about 2wks later. Because it is a research project, I am in the group that my bion is on, but t he stimulation is a t a zero setting. The other group is turned on with the electro stimulation (similar to interstim). So, I have to wait until the end of Nov. to get my stimulation turned on. I have to charge my bion daily and I have a remote that I can turn it on and off and change the stimulation. The charger is a flat chaipad that plugs into a "base station", which is like a square machine with software that communicated with bion. It has been a pain to charge though because there is a glitch in the system that sends a message to stop charging so I have to start again. But, hopefully it will be worth it!!! If any one has any ?'s just post or private message me!!

Liz :thumbsup:
    Liz

I am a tad confused but hope all goes well for you. Did you Dr reccomened this or did you find the study on your own?

Comment

I didn't explain all the details because there ar so many, so I understand the confusion. Yes, my Dr. recommended it and he did the surgery. He is in the urology research part of the hospital I go to. So everything thst gets done he is a part of!! That made it a lot easier to make my decsion to join the research group. Any mor questions, just ask!

lIZ
      Liz

Comment

Sounds like you have a very good Dr. best of luck to you

Comment

Is this system like the interstim? I wish you the best of luck with this.
          Blessings,
          Ruth

Comment

It is similar to interstim, but it is a lot smaller and is implanted differently. It looks like a little tube about 2in. long and it is implant near the perineum(the space between your vagina and anus). Hopefully, when my study group gets turned on, mine will work for me! This is FDA approved already in Europe so that is why I was more apt to do the surgery.

Liz
            Liz

Comment

I hope it works for you. Is it just for pain or frequency or both.Have they approved it in the USA yet?
              Blessings,
              Ruth

Comment

Thank you for being a part of this study...about time they did one with implants either turned off or on to see the difference.

Very interested in the details...hope you can share them soon. In the meantime, take good care! :smile fai
                Positive thoughts and prayers that new treatments for IC will reach all who struggle with this disease,

SusanC

Comment

The bion is approved in Europe by the FDA, but not hear. That is why I am apart of the same study done over there, only if it were FDA approved alreadt hear I would have never had the chance forthe surgery. I don't have ins.Depending on where everyone lives(ha, ha) ther are still opening in the study. The study is for rfrequency and urgency, but my drs are optimistic it will help with my painand IBS.

LIz
                  Liz

Comment

I found out I get my bion turned on Nov. 30. I am pretty excited! I hope that it works for me. I have read that the interstim system didn't work for a lot of you with pain. Pain is my worst symptom of IC, most of the time. But, even if the bion helps with just my urgency and frequency that will mean a lot. I will keep you guys updated!

Liz
                    Liz

Comment

Liz25,
                      I hope that it works for you right away. That would be a nice xmas present? keep us posted. Have a nice Thanksgiving.
                      Blessings,
                      Ruth

Comment

Thanks Ruth!! I will keep everyone posted!!

Liz
                        Liz

Comment

your welcome
                          Blessings,
                          Ruth

Comment

Re: I got my bion implanted!!!!

Liz, please contact me, I have the Bion too.

Comment

Working...
                            X