Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad headaches?

Hi everyone,

I'm on day six of my trial and everything seems to be heading in the right direction. The only thing that seems a little off kilter is that I've had a pretty bad headache nonstop for the last two days or so (yesterday I was in bed all day with it). I was thinking that it could be related to going off some meds before surgery, recovering from the procedure itself, from the anesthesia, etc. But, it doesn't seem to be getting a better with time (and I've also been having hot flashes at the same time--but I don't have a temperature). Has anyone experienced this kind of thing, especially the headaches, either during their trial or after their interstim was implanted?

Best wishes to everyone, little bear

Hi Littlebear,

I am not sure what the headaches are from. I didn't have those. Could it be med withdrawal like you thought?

Hugs and love,
    Jess
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Hi Littlebear;

I would have to agree that it has to do with some kind of medication the anesthesia could be the problem for you,it maybe a side effect from it..
      I would let you doctor know of your headaches for sure!
      I did not have any kind of headaches while doing the trail or even since the InterStim was implanted and it almost five years for me with the InterStim Implant....

~~Debbie~~
      Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

After the follow-up check with my neuro doctor, he told me he was afraid that my urogyno didn't place the lead in the right spot. He said my doctor was too conservative to insert the lead more deeper. That is why I didn't get the best result. However, the neuro doctor said it was risky to place the lead too close to the nerve because it may pierce the coat of the nerve and causes headache.

Please check with your doctor.

Comment

If you haven't already, I would encourage you to call your doctor.

Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

lil bear
            i had a headache a few days after my trial implant from being put under.. but it would be a good idea to call your dr.. mine told me it takes a bit for the anesthesia to get out of your system..
            hugs
            brat
            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for your messages.

I'm still working with the theory that this is just the anesthesia (many thanks to you, Jess and Brat). But, I'm paying close attention to your posts too Debbie, Bestsie, Peiti, and Donna. So, I've called my Dr. and will be seeing him tommorow--just to be sure.

I still can't get over the amount of info that's available on the boards. I had no idea about the nerve coating, Peiti. I've been thinking about you and I hope that you're getting some good feedback and lots of support from your Drs.

Well, thanks again everyone. Best wishes to you all, little bear

Comment

littlebear -

Have you considered that the headaches might be from your positioning during surgery (face down, head turned to the side)? My neck got really messed up from the three Interstim surgeries, parts of my neck & back are really sore (fibromyalgia flare time) & the chiropractor is working on it. I know it will get fixed eventually, but it stinks right now.
                IC & fibromyalgia since ~'77. Osteoarthritis since ~'88. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (autoimmune blood disease) since '96. IBS for who knows how long. Interstim implant 2/04, revised 6/06, replaced 11/12 & again in 9/17. Antibodies to thyroid since at least '92 (finally diagnosed & treated 1/06). Asthma & vocal cord dysfunction 12/06. Hypoglycemia '07. Perimenopausal at 37, menopause at 45. Pituitary & adrenal failure. Osteopenia. Grade 3 sacral fracture by S3-S4 at age 12, healed 14mm out of place.

Comment

rjyoon,
                  excellent idea I have fibro myself and that didn't come to mind. My neck and back/shoulders give me a hard time often, never considered thats where a headache would evlove from
                  Brat
                  'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

That is a great idea! I know that at the time you aren't concerned with your neck placement, but really, it could really matter afterwards. Anyone hear from Littlebear??
                    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

I agree that is very possible. I didn't have a headache or fever after my trial until 3 days ago. I started having hot/cold flashes and diaheria with headache. My body aches are what kept me in bed but I just thought I had a virus. Last night though I woke up in severe pain on the right ovary. My dr. thinks it could have been a cyst rupturing or the wires moving. He said that could explain the flu like symptoms leading up to the pain that woke me up. Ugh! Just when I find something that helps my I.C. another problem arises. The sonogram didn't show any active cysts but some fluid indicated the possible rupture. He sent me home on my pain meds and celebrex and if the pain doesn't go away in a few days he will have to take out the temp. wires. I have had them in for 2 weeks today.

Rachel

Comment

Rachel, there are so many 'side effects' from the implant that the dr's don't want us to know about and medtronics sure are not putting in their info pack.
                        For the last year with mine, I thought I was physically dying because I was so weak, the fibro and flu-like symptoms were so bad. My neuro told me that with the symptoms I was having she felt that my body was trying to reject the foreign object in my body. Well, I gotta tell ya, once I had it removed, my aches and pains were reduced by a huge amount, which leads me to believe the same thing, the device was being rejected by my body.

sending tons and tons of prayers that your headaches DO NOT involve the implant blink
                        teri
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Hi everyone, Thanks so much for your messages.

Ryjoon, I hadn't thought about the surgery position, but I think you're on to something . . . it sure sounds like it's ringing a bell with some of the gals!

I haven't been able to figure out for sure what the culprit was yet, but the headaches have gone away. My Dr. knows, though and I'm keeping a close eye on things. If I get another one, I'm going to turn the interstim off for a day to see if that helps (plus, if there aren't any more problems before then, my Dr. most likely will do some double-checking if/when he implants the interstim next week). Thanks to each and every one of you, though, for sending me your thoughts and your support about this. They really helped in so many ways.

Rachel, I'm so sorry to hear about your possible ruptured cyst and about the hot flashes/chills, headache, pain, etc.. I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that they're better, that you're not still in pain, and that everything is back to where it was before your symptoms hit.

Teri, Thanks also--I'll be on the look out for the kind of symptoms you've mentioned as well.

Jess and Brat, as always, many thanks and good wishes to you too!

I hope that you all are doing well and that you all get as much love and support from the boards as you have given me (which is no small amount).
                          Sending you all much gratitude, many hugs (and gentle hugs where they are needed), little bear

Comment

LIL BEAR,
                            I will keep you in my prayers. Hope you get to feeling better really soon.
                            HUGS
                            SUSAN
                            Susan
                            People may not remember exactly what "you did, or what you said, but- they will always remember how you made them feel"

Comment

Working...
                            X