No announcement yet.

Interstim Diary -- Day Nine, Taking Charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jen you brought a smile to my little kidney stone battle face today thanks!!!
    God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
    www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
    Interstim Sept 2001
    1st InterStim Removal May 2005
    2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
    2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
    Hysterectomy 1999
    Tubes Tied 1997
    C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

Comment

Sandra, I am so sorry to hear about your husband

Please tell him I know what he is going through -- when I quit my last job in August 2004, which, believe it or not, was WORSE than the job I have now, it was nearly the same. My husband came home to find me sitting in the middle of the living room floor crying my eyes out -- he was about to leave to go on a trip to Wisconsin, and I kept clinging to him and asking him not to leave me. We ended up calling my urologist at the time, who referred me to a psychiatrist and also signed me off work for two weeks. I went to Wisconsin with hubby, but when I came back to work it was more of the same (including some harassment that we should have taken legal action over) so I just quit. I took a year off and then found another job... but in this field it's often more of the same. *sigh*

I hope your hubby does okay now and that they will treat him much better when he goes back. I also hope his meds and therapy are helping him to deal with anxiety, etc.
      Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
      *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
      *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
      *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Jen,

The most important thing for you to remember is NOT to let your boss make you feel bad. Of course when he replies there is a chance it will either be angry or written in a manner to try and make you feel guilty. Don't let it!! You KNOW your body, you just had one major surgery and are getting ready to have another, and there is no reason that you should risk infection or a longer recovery for anybody, much less a boss and a bunch of coworkers that aren't nice to you.

Please keep us posted on his response!

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
        ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
        back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

Hey all... first thanks for the support

My boss wrote back and asked for a letter from Dr. Evans stating why I have to be out. I figured they would want something like that, so I called the doc's office and left a message to let him know about it so he can get started. I'm sure he'll call back and we'll work it out.

The note my boss sent WAS written in a manner that was meant to make me feel bad, but I just brushed it off. I have too much to worry about right now with myself healing/about to have surgery and now with my husband really ill. I just don't have any more brain space to deal with an annoying boss so if he wants to be a jacka$$, it's his problem at this point!!
          Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
          *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
          *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
          *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I am SO glad you didn't let your boss' tactics to try and make you feel guilty work. That's so pathetic of him to do, try and make a person trying to heal from one surgery and getting ready to go into a second feel guilty...he is the one that should feel guilty for how he's treating you and how he lets others treat you!

I'm sure Dr. Evans will have NO problem sending you a letter or sending something straight to your boss.

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
            ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
            back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

Good for you Jen.......I am proud that you did not let your boss intimidate you. He sounds like such a jerk!!

I hope your husband is feeling better and that all goes well this week with your surgery.

Hang in there!
              Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

Hope all goes well Jen! Praying for you & your husband! Hugs Sandra
                "Never Give Up."

To view pictures of my creative interests and Maine Coon kittens click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My Photobucket Link:
                http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ramack_photos/

Comment

I am very blessed to have an employer that not only is kind and understanding but has been so supportive and helpful. I teach school and she suggested I go ahead and have my surgery now and not wait till the summer. But I have worked for one who was not at all supportive. I had to have a hysterectomy and lots of adhensions removed in 05, and after a few weeks she called to ask if I thought I was better then? good grief! some people just don't have the sense the good Lord gave a billy goat!

Note: I love the quotes and verses lots of you include. I will have to work on adding those GL
                  Faith is not believing God can; Faith is believing God will!

Comment

Working...
                  X