No announcement yet.

Interstim Diary--Tired and Tender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well its my 1st night with my permenant implant and it really hurts. My doc gave me no pain meds- he doesnt beleive in it- so Im going off of left overs from other surgerys. i was wondering if anyone knew of a pain clinic hehre that would prescribe- Lafayette, LA. i really need muscle relaxers more than anything to allow pain pills to work.Just got out of surgery a few hours ago but its like my bladder didnt wake up or something because it takes me awile to start pottying. i dont have to push like i used too but i dont know??? This really hurts, but i guess itll be worth it. just i was just becoming able to sit on my butt from stage 1 (feb.15) and heres stage 2 (feb, 23). they had to do this so quick cause of allergies to latex, tegaderm, and pretty much anything they bandaged me with.

Comment

Thinking of You!

Jen,

I still think of You daily! I've been a bit busy going between my Home in CNY and my parents in Western NY. I wanted to let you know that even though I haven't been able to to type much, that I am still thinking of you!

Sending along some more healing thoughts....Ghengus and Justin have asked me to make sure that Mr. Paddington is taking good care of you as you heal.

When you return to work. You could get one of those gardening kneeling cushions and cut out a U shape so that there is no pressure on your Interstim incision. I'm not sure how much sitting you have to do.

Kara
      Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
      http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

donnes,
        Glad that your permanent surgery went off without a hitch. I am sorry you aren't feeling so well and really sorry your doc doesn't believe in pain meds after surgery! I wonder how he would feel if it was him having the surgery??? I just don't understand why a doctor wouldn't want you to be as comfortable as possible?

Well, keep resting, hopefully your bladder will "awaken" soon for you!

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
        ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
        back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

Ok, it has been one week on Friday that I have had my permenant implant and I am in alot of pain. I dont have any excessive redness or oozing but I am in so much pain! My behind hurts and it is becomming sore around my hip and waist. Now keep in mind I have the original implant- the big one. I know I am not this much of a weenie. I have a very low grade, occasional fever- usually wakes me up, my doc said normal on Thursday but it seems worse. Someone offer some guidance...

Comment

So sorry that you are experiencing so much pain. The fever definitely concerns me, as you could have infection inside that might not show any signs like redness or swelling on the outside.

The soreness around your hip/ back could be the formation of scar tissue and a thing called capsular contracture. Any time a foreign object is placed in the body, your body forms a capsule of scar tissue around the object. The scar tissue can (for no known reason, I think) contract and shrink around the foreign object, causing pain and possibly an irregular look of the skin around the object.

This is a long shot, though, and I wouldn't worry about it right off the bat, but I did want to mention it to you in case you find out for sure that you DON'T have an infection but are still in pain.

I'm probably more nervous and cautious than most, but I would likely contact the doctor again to make sure he thinks everything is okay. Good luck and I do hope you are feeling better soon.

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
            ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
            back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

I also think you should contact your doctor if you are experiencing fever. Deep tissue infections, as Claudia has said, may not be apparent on the outside (no redness or oozing) but can cause lots of pain, fever, and a general feeling of being unwell.

You should definitely discuss this with your doc ASAP... if this IS a deep tissue infection, and it worsens, you can get very sick and could lose your implant (then if you wanted, you would have to have everything redone)
              Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
              *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
              *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
              *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Working...
              X