Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia here with "Slim"

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your prayers going up because the blessings are coming down.
    My trial stim is in and Praise God it IS helping! My frequency and urgency are so much better.
    Last Wed. I went 30 times! and I went 15 on Saturday!

I don't have the feeling that I need to go right back to the RR just after I left.
    It has helped with my lower back and pelvic pain to some degree but it is hard to tell with the pain from the procedure. The Medtronic guy and my doc have each called me twice which my hubby and I think is very very fantastic. They actually seem to care which is another blessing.

I changed my lead yesterday and the first one worked much better so that is the one I will want to go with when I get this done permanently.

Oh the nickname slim... well it is kinda like stim but slim is what this device is going to help me become... if I feel better... I will exercise more and I will be slimmer! That is what I am praying in faith for! :woohoo:

My employer and co-workers are still being very kind and supportive.
    My hubby and mom have really surprised me with their help and attentivenss which is another answered prayer!

The procedure itself for those considering it:
    I was in "twilight" but don't remember much. I do remember the humiliation of them taping my butt open!!!!! Yikes!!!! but then the "groovy juice" helped. My anesthesia doc was wonderful in making me the most comfortable she could. The worst part was the way I had to lay because of my spondyl-arthritis and fibro. I had to lay with my hands under my chin and the tilt of the table put pressure on my shoulders which are still bothering me but otherwise I was ok.

After I kinda woke up in pain from being sore and the incision and such, they gave me pain meds and meds for nausea which all helped me rest on the way home (I live an hour from the hospital where I had this done).

Everyone was very nice and it was not too bad. I am very overweight and the fact that lots of folks saw the big bootie was bad but nothing is too bad compared to the IC pain and the relief that I know this has and will bring so that I can get back to my "normal"

Thanks again for your prayers! Keep them going please.
    I will let you all know when I get ready for the permanent deal!
    Prayers for you all,
    Georgia L
    Faith is not believing God can; Faith is believing God will!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I am so happy for you.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

:woohoo: I'm so glad the surgery went well, and that it was worth it since Slim is helping you!!!

(I named my box Harold when I had him... )
      Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
      *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
      *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
      *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Glad it is working and I hope you continue to have a good trial period. Like you I dont remember anything with either of my stim surgeries. I was in twlight sleep also.
        God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
        www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
        Interstim Sept 2001
        1st InterStim Removal May 2005
        2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
        2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
        Hysterectomy 1999
        Tubes Tied 1997
        C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

Comment

:woohoo: Good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
          http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
          http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Georgia, I am so glad to hear from you and that the surgery went well. And most of all that it is working for you, that is wonderful news. That is great that everyone was nice and made you feel comfortable, that is a blessing in itself.

Sending HUGS, Trishann

Comment

So happy for you :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
              Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

Georgia,

SO glad that you are feeling relief with Slim!!! I know you were praying so much for this to work for you, and I am so glad that it does. You MUST keep us posted on your permanent implant surgery.

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
                ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
                back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

Working...
                X