Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tigger_gal
    replied
    you patricia, you can ask for a trial run for it, I think it has 16 leads and you can change the settings tour self.

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    Sending you lots of hugs

Leave a comment:

• sandramac
    replied
    Claudia
    I'm glad things went well.I was thinking of you.Sending you big healing Hugs!
    And remember be easy on yourself & take it one day at a time !
    Hugs Sandra

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    replied
    I did not know about the resetting. I've flown several times, and I really don't know if there's a difference in how it's working. I'll need to be more aware.
    I hope all is going well for you Claudia - rest. Sometimes when we are tired, emotions are fragile.

Leave a comment:

• patricia1
    replied
    Funny, the ones today are so much different, from even the 2nd one I got in May of 05. It was still like the one I had in 2001. Maybe I should try the newer ones, but I have had so much troubles with mine, I just am giving up on them helping me...

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    So glad that everything went okay with your surgery Claudia. All of us get emotional sometimes from the pain. I almost started crying at work yesterday morning for goodness sakes. Take it easy and thanks for letting us know how you are.

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    So glad everything went so well with your surgery.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I want an upgrade lol

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Thinking of YOU!

Claudia,

I'm thinking of you! I hope that you heal from the Interstim Surgery quickly.
    I had the old original Interstim put in in MA in 2001, so I am not up to date on how the new ones work. I had the rep turn my magnet off back then and it never happened. I still cary my Interstim Card in my wallet. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you!

Kara
    Last edited by Kara29; 03-03-2007, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    The newer InterStim implants retain their settings if you turn them off before going through any place you suspect might screw with ya... it is an upgrade made in response to patient complaints about the ones made just a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    you are probably right on the name... every time I went to best buy I was re programed. I had mine in a year before someone at the uro's office told me and they had them shut off.... I know have this thing in my butt lol, but to be honest I am not sure exactly what it means, just that when they shut it off you won't get turned off and on or re-programed. I do still my feel my stim.

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Hey Claudia glad your back, my Rep turned off the Kinetics in mine. Maybe that is what Tigger is talking about to stop this from happening. Barnes and Nobles used to do it to me and now it doesn't. Anyway glad your ok

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    tigger,
    Forgive me if this is a silly question, but what do you mean shut off the magnets? My medtronic rep didn't mention anything about that option. He did say that if I turn the stim on or off, the settings won't reset, it's only if something else turns it off that the settings can revert to default.

Thanks for your help!
    claudia

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    hey you, glad to see you posting, so sorry you are in pain.. When you go to your post op appointment have him shut off the magnets, and your problem will be solved.. If you do turn it off and on it can reset the settings..
    I hope you start to feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    Thanks everyone for caring and for checking in.

Dani, the interstim is NOT for pain, it is for u/f or retention. In my case, I have severe retention and constipation with no bladder urges until AFTER I either void or cath. So, the interstim has made me now have normal bladder urges, it has helped my retention greatly, and in turn (though this is just an extra benefit, not something that happens for all or even most, so it should not be expected) I have a few less bladder spasms and so a bit less pain. It has also greatly reduced my constipation.

Thank you patricia for the info. I'm sure you didn't hurt anyone's feelings, you are just being helpful!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X