X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Trial & Surgery's

Hello every one

I have had IC for 5 years now its been pure "H"??? well you now what I mean
    I have tyed all the medicines procedures including having a hydro distinction ever 3 - 6 months finally I said lets do the stimulator so I did
    Feb. 27,2007 So far So good!! I generally pee ever 45minuted to an hour after the intersim was placed the first night I sleepted 4 hours
    AH Sleep!!!! Last night I sleeped 8 hors with out getting up to pee!!! yepeee!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    I have noted every day it gets better.
    So I told my representative from Medtronic its wonderful I don't now why I dint try it a long time ago..
    Note! I can't wait to get this wires out of me and off of me..
    Does any one now when I get the generator in am I going to be al sleep.?????

Because during the trial surgery they didn't put me all the way out I felt everything stitches and all.. I was some what out. But OOCH!!

Well so march 6,2007 the generator is being put in. wish me luck!!!
    oh best of wishes to all of those going threw the trial..

bye kimmmie

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: as she 's to the stim

I am so very happy for you. sleep is such a wonderful thing..

When you go to yourp post op, tell your doctor you want put under sedation. When they do the trial they put you under twilight, they need you to respond, but, I am surprised you felt the stitches.. I believe ya, I remember a couple times I felt a couple times when they were checking for reactions from nerves during my trial surgery.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I was under pretty deep sedation during my trial -- I do not remember ANYTHING about the doc putting the leads in or getting stitched up. I was sedated so well that I was even having a dream that my husband and I went to the Bahamas when the anesthesiologist woke me up! LOL But, supposedly, I would've responded when the doctor talked to me since it was just sedation.

When I had my permanent implant I had full general anesthesia, so I was ALL the way out. However, usually you can choose between very deep sedation or general anesthesia. Talk to your doctor about it and let him know how you feel.
      Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
      *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
      *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
      *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Today, March 6, was to be my date for trial, but because of a knee injury and hesitation it was postpone. Today I rescheduled it to March 20. My problem is extreme leakage, no pain involved. Problem for the past 15 years, even after bladder repair. Asked more questions of the Drs. office, am feeling better about being involved. Two weeks is not long and I am learning a lot from the chat group here. I thank you.

Comment

Hi... wow that is soon! like the 6th gosh that is today!
          wow! i wish i were getting my perm stim that soon... not till the 21st!
          i am so proud for you!
          prayers and get well hugs, GL
          Faith is not believing God can; Faith is believing God will!

Comment

I am so happy that all is working out so well with you:woohoo: ...That is the one thing I remember so clear when mine worked right. I remember waking up from trial surgery and for the first time in 4 yrs not having that "gotta go" feeling. And I went from going every 15-20 minutes to every hour.

Yesterday was your full implant day and I hope all is still going well and you are not into much pain. Remember to take it easy...Hugs to you
            God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
            www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
            Interstim Sept 2001
            1st InterStim Removal May 2005
            2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
            2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
            Hysterectomy 1999
            Tubes Tied 1997
            C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

Comment

Actually my trial will be on the 20th of March, 2 wks. after my first scheduled date which was changed because of knee injury. Knee injury is "just arthuritis" my GP office said. It has felt a lot more the "just" anything. But it is better today. I am very gratfull for replies on this site, it has given me courage. As I mentioned in a small town, interstim is in no ones vocabulary. The surgery will be done by a uroligist, I am the first patient my GP has every had with interstim procedure. Stop taking Mobic and aspirin as of 1/13, that will be interesting. Hope I can walk day of surgery. Sue

Comment

Miss spoke, Mobic and aspirn stop on 3/13, one week before trial surgery. ( a PS to today message I sent)

Comment

Sue I had no problems with walking after either of my InterStim surgeries. Of course you have to take it slow and and the next day you might feel like you been run over, but you can walk. Good luck on your surgery. And like you I live in a small town, and I am my doctors (regular doct not Uro) that has the InterStim
                  God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
                  www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
                  Interstim Sept 2001
                  1st InterStim Removal May 2005
                  2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
                  2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
                  Hysterectomy 1999
                  Tubes Tied 1997
                  C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

Comment

Working...
                  X