Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going in for an upgrade

Hi girls,
    I just got home from the uro, I will be going in asap for a stage trial for the interstim II. :woohoo: It will be a 2 week trial on the left side. If I have great success, which I am positive I will, he will go in take out the old leads and generator, and put in the new one. The new generator has only one place for leads, whereas the older one had 2 places for leads. In the mean time, I will be doing a void diary. Tomorrow I will call the office to see when they can get me in to surgery. We are aiming for asap, before Easter week.

I had to come back and add what I said to Dr Peters that was so funny.. I told him he should of installed the first one with bubble wrap

***PLEASE NOTE**
    The reason for my "upgrade" was because a few weeks ago, I fell and hit the corner of my counter top. It knocked out the programing, and now it cannot be reprogrammed with out it causing pain. I also only had 2 working leads.
    Last edited by tigger_gal; 03-27-2007, 12:49 PM. Reason: forgot to add my funny statement
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Good luck Tig!!! I hope you get all the results you are hoping for!!!!
    http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Sounds great. I think you'll like the Interstim II. I've definitely had great luck with mine...
      Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
      *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
      *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
      *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thanks, since it is less then half the size then the one in there I am sure my butt will approve..
        here is the new one
        http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...1/stimsize.jpg
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

That is great Cindy !!
          I hope you have wonderful success with the new InterStim as well ..

I will have the new one put in as well in the early part of April..my is due to my battery stop working in my old InterStim and my doctor told me that he will placed it with the new one any how, well my battery lasted almost eight years any how !!
          So we are going to get our new butts done over again

Debbie
          Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Thats great Cindy....
            Hugs
            Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
            http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
            http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
            Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
            Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
            Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
            Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

lol Debbie, looks like we will.. I am so exicited thinking I will work again... lol

Comment

wow I knew that since my stim was off I was experiencing more pain and my frequency went up, the urge is horrible.. I have already voided 6 times this morning. I called the uro's office, I talked to the office manager, she is going to set up my surgery and call me back.

Comment

:woohoo: Cindy and Debbie are getting new butt buzzers. :woohoo:
                  Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
                  http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
                  http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Yes Me to Cindy LoL

That is cute Sharon , yea we are getting our new butt buzzers...
                    Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I hope it is just as much of a blessing as the current one!

Erika
                      IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
                      Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                      Birth Control

Comment

Good News I am glad you dont have to wait to long to try the new one. I also hope you get just as much success as the last one....
                        God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
                        www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
                        Interstim Sept 2001
                        1st InterStim Removal May 2005
                        2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
                        2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
                        Hysterectomy 1999
                        Tubes Tied 1997
                        C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

Comment

interstim II

i am set to have my test for the interstim II on April 16 th. I was going to have it in december but my doc had scheculing conflicts. then i had some other medical problems and needed an mri and some other tests and saw the doc today and scheduled for april 16. My doc puts leads on both sides of butt for the test. Has anyone else had both sides done at once? i have only heard of people talking about one side being done. any feedback ...Thanks

Comment

hhmm I never heard of having both sides done at the same time.

I still haven't found out when I am going in. As soon as I know I will post it.

Comment

Working...
                            X