Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Turn

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to jump in here and say that I am going in for the trial Interstim on Monday. My surgery is at 7:40 a.m., have to be there at 6:30. It has really helped being able to read all the helpful hints, do's and don'ts on the surgery. I recently got a new doctor and after going over my records and reviewing my loads of test results, he said I have a 60% chance of the Interstim working for me. So Monday is my day and then the 18th is scheduled for the implant if all goes well.

Thanks again for all the helpful advice. I hope everyone is doing well. I'll be in touch with my results as well.

Annie

I have those same dates, except I've already had stage 1 two weeks ago and it's going to be repeated on the other side. Can't wait to compare successes!

Comment

Do you still have your supra-pubic cath in? I was skilled with self-cathing but would get urethral spasms that would grab the catheter and not let go OUCH..I've had to rely on catheters since the summer of "04.

Comment

good luck with your up coming stim sugery, I hope you have great success.
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Wishing you an uneventful surgery and recovery!

Diana
          (\__/)
          (o.O )
          (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

I wish all the best on your up coming surgery..

Lets us know how you make out too !!

Debbie
            Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and wishes. I'm getting nervous about the surgery, but trying to stay calm and think positive.

Tacy, yes I still have the suprapubic in. He plans on leaving that in even after the permanent just to make sure that everything goes well with the implant. That makes me feel a little better. Don't want to have to go through with another surgery for the suprapubic after all this if this doesn't work. I told my husband if this works, I'm going to jump up and kiss the doctor. LOL

How many have had this done for urinary retention and how long before you know if it's working. My doctor says I will know within 2 hours after the surgery. Thanks again. I'll be in touch.

Annie

Comment

I am having this done for retention. Before I was on constant cathing I often had over a 1,000 cc residuals when I'd finally go to the ER to have it drained. The first trial, 2 weeks ago, was put in on my left. It didn't work. I tried several different settings. I was told it could take several days to know for sure. This time it's going on the right.

I also had my suprapubic left in. I was so glad to hear that because I didn't want to have a urethral put in if it didn't work! The dr. had hoped for success the first week and then pull the catheter the second week of the trial.

Did they make you decide on a goal? As in what YOU would consider successful? At first I said I would be fine if I had to self-cath twice a day with the stim. I tried self-cathing a few days before the surgery and found out I still spasm around it, so I had to change it to no catherizations.

I have frequency as well. I have some retained each void and after several hrs. my bladder is so full my urethra shuts down completely.

Comment

Working...
                X