Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery Cancelled!!!

Hi everyone

After spending a day totally stressed and anxious, but eager to get the procedure done and really feeling hopeful that this was going to work, my doctor just called and canceled the surgery. He cut his hand open while cooking in his kitchen tonight. I cannot even begin to tell you how disappointed I am. Four days of keeping that darn voiding diary, all the plans I had to make to make sure the kids were taken of and such. And now it's not even going to happen. Now there's a whole other bunch of emotions going through me now...anger, disappointment, sadness. This is just way too many emotions for one person to have in one day. I'm exhausted. I know I haven't posted much in the past, but I am sure glad I have you guys to talk to. The doctor said the hospital will call tomorrow and reschedule. Damn, I hope it won't be too long. I'm sorry for what happened to the doctor, but I am so disappointed, that I feel like crying.

Thanks for listening.

Annie

(((((((((((Annie)))))))))))) its ok to feel that way, when mine broke in Feb, and we tried several times to reprogram for a month we decided to do another stage and implant. I couldn't get in until May because he was going on vacation.
    sending you big hugs and hope that they get you in quickly.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I bet that is very disappointing and frustrating. All that build up and then a let down.
      Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this , it is to bad for the doctor to..
        I know it hard but just think it is not that far away now !!

Debbie
        Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Hopefully they will be able to reschedule you soon.

Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Annie I'm so sorry your surgery was cancelled. Being so close to the day you were already mentally ready and family arrangements made. That just bites. When did you get in re-scheduled for?

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Tacy, I haven't gotten rescheduled yet. I was supposed to hear something today supposedly, but nothing. Hopefully soon, because I hate to go through all the waiting again. My second surgery was scheduled for the
              18th, so I wonder if they will just keep this date for the trial now and reschedule for the permanent implant.

Comment

that they may do. I would call the office in the morning and see what is going on.
                keep us posted
                'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I'm sure it did bum you out..my psychologist had to do 2 months worth of relaxation exercises 2 get me to try my trial...(it didn't work, but that is because I am a complete mess in the nerve dept in my pelvis.) I know your surgeon feels like it all sucks because it cut his hand....a surgeon's NIGHTMARE! sounds like he'll be okay though.

I sure hope they reschedule you soon....Take care and do what you can for pain right now (They give me lots of Morphine and Oxycontine b/c nothing else works, I hate them... so I keep my fingers crossed pain implants work for other people)

Best of luck!
                  I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Medications I CURRENTLY take:
                  90 mgs Ms contin (45 mgs Am/PM)
                  Percocet as needed
                  Topomax 100mg day
                  Ambien 10 mg bed
                  desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

surgery being canceled

I had about the same type of problem...In begining of January I was to have my Interstim battery replacement surgery...I got to the hospital, in gown, IV in my arm, etc and right outside the operation room when the urologist came in to tell me that the Medtronic lady for some reason had no made it there yet and he had been trying and trying to call her cell and no answer...So we had to cancel surgery after me going thru all that for no reason..I was so ticked....Now with any type of procedure or anything I make sure I second check anything so I won't have to go thru this again...

Jennifer
                    Interstitial Cystitis(Interstim Therapy)
                    IBS
                    Fibromyalgia
                    Pseudotumor cerebri
                    Type 2 Diabetes

Comment

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. I called the office today and left a message. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Comment

Sorry Annie, you must be so disappointed, but hang in there, hopefully they will reschedule you very soon. I know, all the preparing again is a pain, I hope it's over for you soon.

Kari
                        Kari

I'm 47 years old, married 27 years. I have two wonderful boys and two wonderful grandchildren. I was diagnosed in 1994. Life has certainly thrown me many many surprises, all of which I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful, and I try to think about my blessings not my misfortunes, when possible. Stay Strong!

Comment

My father in law is preparing for a pain implant (temporaries) He has mid belly pain (calls it a squezzing pain) and they've run zillions of tests.. he has medicare, but he's going to have to pay a 20% copay on the surgery. He was unaware of that. Apparently b/c the leads are coming outta his necks, his surgery will cost over 70,000...there is no way he can pay the copay. He still hasn't paid a 13 dollar bill from some labs 3 years ago.

Good luck....
                          I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Medications I CURRENTLY take:
                          90 mgs Ms contin (45 mgs Am/PM)
                          Percocet as needed
                          Topomax 100mg day
                          Ambien 10 mg bed
                          desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X