Interstim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interstim

I am interested in Interstim for retention. I am unable to void on my own and use a catheter (I used to be able to void on my own but lost the ability since I've been cathing for about 6 years) Weird. Anyway, I don't think I can get Interstim until after I have kids, if I want kids. But I'm curious about it. From other testimonials I've read it can work miracles. I might get it one day if it is worth it. How painful is the surgery and recovery and how did you hide it from co-workers? I don't want everyone to know if I get it!
    Feel Free to Private Message me or E-mail me at
    [email protected]

Altough I have had IC symptoms in the past my main issue is urinary retention - I am DESPERATE for an answer. I have to self-cath every time I go to the bathroom and have been since 2000. I feel helpless. Any advice would be appreciated.

--------------------------------
    Interstim Trial on 12/21/07 - Didn't work so no InterStim for me

Tried:

Worked - Ditropan 15mg (and helps you sleep!) Off it now though

Didn't Work - Vesicare, Enablex, Detrol

Macrobid 50mg/day for to ward off infections
    Self-Cath (can't go on my own!) for retention
    Birth Control - Nothing- Quit Yasmin (It's a Diuretic!)

Hi! You can still have kids and a vaginal birth with the stim. You have to turn it off during pregnancy. The box id very obvious. If you wore a lose shirt I bet you could hide it. With the help of pain meds, the surgery was very easy. I noticed I got tired easy, but besides that My pain never got higher than a 5 unless I forgot my meds. Hope this helps!

Erika
    IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
    Interstim Since 5/25/07!
    Birth Control

Comment

Thank you so much for responding!

How noticeable are your scars and the stim now that you have it implanted? How often do you have to get it adjusted and do you have any weird problems with it resetting?

Does it help with urgency and frequency b/c those are my only symptoms.
      [email protected]

Altough I have had IC symptoms in the past my main issue is urinary retention - I am DESPERATE for an answer. I have to self-cath every time I go to the bathroom and have been since 2000. I feel helpless. Any advice would be appreciated.

Tried:

Comment

It is ONLY approved for urgency/frequency My scars are quite pink still since my surgery was only 2 weeks ago. They are on my lower back/ upper butt check though so noone sees them but my fiance.

Erika
        IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
        Interstim Since 5/25/07!
        Birth Control

Comment

Birth Control

What kind of birth control are you on? I have a feeling my Yasmin is causing flares in me.
          [email protected]

Tried:

Comment

If you click on the links below for the interstim, there is info that will help you a great deal with your decision. there are gals here who have gotten relief with the interstim for retention. you can also check out medtronics web sight. www.medtronics.com I hope this helps.
            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Working...
            X