No announcement yet.

Trial implant in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there when you had your hydro how big was your bladder? I have the interstim, and I do not void any more then I did pre interstim. If your bladder only holds 200 cc you cannot void and more then that. glad that your hubby is ok too.
    Erika, you are so funny, I can't tell you how many times I thought that.. I will be sitting there trying to pee and its right there, and something happens and startles my bladder and the feeling just stops like a door locking it in
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

hahaha yes cindy! If you picture the doors it helps! Same thing with the urge. Keep the doors closed it that case Well I had a small capacity before the stim, but I have been doing bladder training now and I can hold over 700cc! I was 300 max before due to pain...now I can let my bladder stretch out, I just focus on breathing and keeping those doors closed. When I get the urge I look at the clock and wait ten minutes. If I still have to go I wait another 5. Chances are if I make it past 10, the urge vanishes, I keep repeating this procedure and it has truly worked. I just thought I would share this with everyone. Some bladders are hard and scarred so I dont think this would work for everyone. Anne that is great about the 200. Drink LOTS AND LOTS of fluids to make sure you have plenty of urine in there like cindy mentioned, then focus on open doors. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Erika
      IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
      Interstim Since 5/25/07!
      Birth Control

Comment

Thank you all for the positive reinforcement and good wishes. You guys are terrific!! I'm trying to stay positive and imaging those doors wide open!!! BRING IT ON!!!. HA HA HA...

I do have a question though....I drink a couple of cups of coffee every morning, the low acid Folgers, and it does not give me pain, but it does bring on frequency...Do you think this could be affecting my results, maybe stressing the nerves or something....i don't know, just wondering...what do you guys think?

AnnieMac

Comment

Hi Annie ;

Over the eight years with my InterStim; I still drink coffee and green tea , I found that is does cause me to have more frequency at times not all of the time but again we are all so different with IC and the InterSim ..

I would give yourself more time and patience it is really not a over night fix...
          As I told you before the trial is way so different then the permanent implant and it does work on all us so different as well ..
          Yes stress can play a big part in this too..

I drink eight glasses of water a day the more fluids I can get in me it sure help me big time..

I know it is hard to make a decision but go by your heart in this Annie...

Debbie
          Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Thank you Debbie. I drink about that much water too sometimes more. Right now my heart is telling me to just go with the Interstim implant so I can give this more time. I do think it is starting to work but it's just going slow. I know it's been said before on the board that if the trial is not working the implant won't either and I understand that, but what if it is going slow and you don't really know if it's as good as it is going to get. My family thinks I should go for the implant and give this more time, and I'm starting to lean in that direction too.

Annie

Comment

I drink coffee now too. It doesn't bother me anymore. If you were drinking it before, it shouldn't change the results. If you just started drinking it when you got the trial then I would say it could mess with it.

Erika

Current Treatments:
              Interstim Since 5/25/07!
              Birth Control

Comment

I was drinking the coffee before, like since it came out. I just didn't know if the frequency could hinder the results by making the urethra work overtime or something.

I read somewhere that turning off the stimulator for an hour can help, is this true?

Comment

I DID IT!!!! 200 cc!!!

I never thought I could be so ecstatic over peeing...BUT I AM!!!. The new setting seems to be working...

Earlier today when I voided, i had a couple of what looked like egg shells, they were hard and it hurt when they passed, but now I hit 200 cc, maybe that was blocking? I don't know, but I sure am HAPPY!!!

AnnieMac

Comment

Just to let you know, the medtronic rep called last night after I called and left a message with her that I wanted to change the setting. she called me back and she said we made a significant change, also changing the dial with the blue ring around it, which we never tried before, but I think things are changing...WOO HOO.

Comment

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I knew you could do it! I bet your uro will be so pleased too! It seems that alot of the times with the interstim it can simply be a programming issue. Hopefully you will void more and more! Keep us posted!!!

Erika

Current Treatments:
                      Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                      Birth Control

Comment

Thank you Erika...I know for sure now that I have to go ahead with the implant. I haven't done 200 cc on my own in God knows how long, about 6 years or so? I feel like I won the lottery!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

Thats so great! I remember when I voided 700cc's a few weeks ago. I felt the same way!!! It was the greatest!!!

Erika

Current Treatments:
                          Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                          Birth Control

Comment

WOW!! 700 cc's that's fantastic!!!

Did you find that the permanent implant worked better than the temp or about the same?

Comment

Better than the trial. They can really focus in with the real deal! I also am still noticing improvements here and there!

Erika

Current Treatments:
                              Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                              Birth Control

Comment

WOW , wonderful news Annie, I am just so happy for you...

Yes, it sure like winning the lottery when you pee on your own too !!!

Debbie
                                Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Working...
                                X