Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• babybuns
    replied
    I was one who was off 6 weeks in order to let the scar tissue to start to develop. Most people can be off just a week or two but I had to be off 6 because my job involves lifting and bending repeatedly and my Dr. and I wanted to make sure that things stayed put! It wasn't a pain thing at all. I just took medical leave. FMLA... If you are in the U.S. your work has to give it to you. You just have to have it preapproved.
    Last edited by babybuns; 01-26-2011, 06:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• glass1/2full
    replied
    Thanks for Information RE Permanent Interstim Recovery Time

Thank you so much. I truly am excited about the possibilities even as I realize that not everyone has success with this procedure. I appreciate the information.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I also went back a week after the permanent implant was put in... basically, my doctor scheduled a post-op visit for one week after the implant surgery, and so I stayed home until that appointment. At the appointment he pulled out my stitches and told me I was good to go, so I went back to work the next day

Leave a comment:

• glass1/2full
    replied
    Thanks

Thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• gatorgal
    replied
    Hi, I went back to work a week after my permanent interstim was implanted. I had no complications, knock on wood.

Leave a comment:

• glass1/2full
    started a topic Recovery Time Interstim Permanent

Recovery Time Interstim Permanent

I am scheduled to have my permanent Interstim implant next week: my trial was extremely successful. I have been very relaxed about the two-week recovery time I have given myself but I've just read a post that made me a little concerned -- one patient indicated a 6-week recovery time. Of course I will ask my physician, but can others who have had successful experiences let me know how long they were away from work? I do not have a high-activity level job (physically). Thanks so much.
Working...
X