• Show
Clear All

• passion4life
    replied

So happy this is working for you!

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied
    Glad you found the path you needed. Hope you can find a path the frequency and urgency easily!

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Thank you for the update! I'm glad you are doing better and hope you will find even more relief to come Sending a hug and prayers for peace in your family. As tough as your situation has been, you've done the right things for your children and that is something you'll never regret. And as a teacher, I appreciate you and others like you so much!

Leave a comment:

• dyno
    replied
    I am so glad you are doing better now. It sounds like your weight is on the way down and that will help you feel better too!

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    a quick update. I feel much better with out the stim, my frequency is rough, and my urgency is so very extreme. I am dealing with all of that right now and some extensive family issues. I am sure that has played a part. I am doing instills and that has helped greatly. I get phantom pain in the area where the stim caused pain weird as it sounds, it happens. I also no longer get leg cramps that had kept me awake for countless hours when the stim was in. Happy to report they are gone. After an extensive jump in my synthroid ( 25 to 125) my body started producing cortisol again, and my adreanal glands are working again, I have went from 209 to 186, and if my scale is correct I and now down to 176. It was a rough way to go being 140 and jumping to 209 in a mater of 5 months. Finally on the road to recovery with all this.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I definitely understand about the tape! I'm extremely sensitive to tape, especially those clear things they stick over incisions.

I hope you recover quickly and can get rid of the tape.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Toto
    replied
    You with be in my thoughts and prayers.

Leave a comment:

• Kirs10
    replied
    I had

I had my interstim removed on Monday! It was put in in December of 2006, and that one rolled and wrapped around me battery, they replaced it in December 2008. It was originally implanted for pain. I was told by the original Dr that I would be pain free in three days. I was having no success with the implant for pain or urgency or frequency. So I went to the Dr and told him I wanted it removed, and they finally got me in on Monday.
    The recovery is really kicking my butt (no pun intended). LOL! I have an allergy to tape and they have covered my incisions with those clear square cover up bandaids. They are driving me crazy with itching!
    The pain is still pretty bad too, I am not sure how long is too long for the pain to keep being there.
    I hope your removal goes well and that you have a quick recovery!
    Kirsten

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    Sorry you are having to go through this.

With it out you will be able to tell if it was helpping at all.

You really do need the MRI to figure out the adrenals so you can deal with that, it has been going on way too long.

Did you know pre stim it could cause nerve damage, I would ask on the boards how many other people that has happened too.

Good luck MG

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'll be thinking of you and hope the procedure goes well.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Julie B
    replied
    Good luck with the removal, sweetie. You are in my prayers.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    started a topic Removal

Removal

Friday after having the interstim for about 8 years, I am having it removed! My adrenal glands hut down and I have to have an MRI. Not only for that reason I have gained weight, and the replacement was really never much of a help. I had that done it 7/06. For some it works great, It did for me for several years as a god send. But the pain up my leg and spine are not worth it, nor was going thur er 3 weeks ago to be told it is not stones, it is probably fibro, and I asked can it be the stim, and got oh yea it may have caused nerve damage Then my GP said the same thing. It is coming out regardless. Not to sure if I was a success gone bad, or a success that caused problems, and needed a revision, but cant do that cuz I need the MRI!
Working...
X