cost of TENS unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cost of TENS unit

I am supposed to meet with a rep who sells TENS units at my next pain mgt appt. Any one have any idea how much they cost? Does health insurance cover any of the cost?

Costs vary. My insurance paind for mine. I know if you buy them on the internet (a company I buy my tens supplies from) they are cheaper. Not sure how long they would last. Hope you have good luck with it.

Comment

I called my insurance comapny ahead of time to check coverage mine covered 80% I paid 30.00 dollars. They cover so many pads a month. I suggest calling ahead and asking I also had to go through a distributor of theres for it to be covered. I had several to chose from one of which I already got my bladder instill supplies from
      Hope this helps
      Kelly
      To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world..
      I am a newbie Angel ~IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I think they start around $600 or so.

My ins is covering 80%.

Comment

I'm getting one next week, its not for my bladder pain. Workmans Comp. is going to be paying for it.

Comment

Tens unit prices can vary. It is actually cheaper than to rent one. I have bought one a couple of times a good one runs anyware from 70-100 dollars. You may need a script. I would get one at a medical supply comp as compared to the internet.

Comment

I just got one about a year ago and you can get a good one with varying speeds, voltage and with pulses in addition to the regular pattern for about $100 or a little more. Mine cost that and it is pretty fancy and also is a 4 pad one so i can use 2 on my back and 2 in the front.
              Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
              Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
              Interstim replacement June 2011
              Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
              Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

Comment

Could someone please tell me where you attach the tens machine to treat IC. I just can't visually picture it.

Comment

I put 2 electodes on either side of my spine on my low back - way down low and the other 2 electrodes on either side of my bladder in the front.
                  Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
                  Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
                  Interstim replacement June 2011
                  Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
                  Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

Comment

I have an interferential unit that I got through my physical therapist when I had PFD therapy. It cost $2,000 but my insurance company paid 90% of it. The interferential unit gives deeper muscle penetration than the TENS. Mine is a unit from Rehabilicare. If you have questions, please feel free to pm me if you want to. Praying that you'll find just what you need. Blessings of peace and joy to you.
                    Carolyn

Surviving And Thriving By God's Grace

Comment

The cost of TENS units varies a lot. We recently priced one at $150.

Donna
                      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

hi

My husband was givin one when he was under the insurance companys doctors and they can run anywhere bettween 150.00 15.000 dollars, theres a website that i go to to order the electrodes for it , its: http://www.tensunits.com they sell everything you will need.

Comment

Mine is through the company empi. My insurance paid 80%. The total cost was $900. I think I paid around $200 including pads. I got mine through my PT's office. Mine is also a 4 pad and has many levels to change to.

Kristin

Comment

Hello My tens unit come from my pts office through a medcial supply place. Cost around 800, insurance covered it. Also my pt said to criss cross the pads over your pain area where ever that might be....
                            Dbays

Comment

My PT also said to cross the pads around pain area..

so you would place pads at four points making an X. You do not want the pads from the same side on the same side as the Bbbzzzzzz!! Would be back and forth between them rather than back and forth across pain area.

Comment

Working...
                              X