Radiofrequency Neurotomy?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiofrequency Neurotomy?????????

I saw my pain management dr. today. He brought up something new for me to think about. I haven't heard of this and I don't remember seeint this on the boards!!!!!!! Has anyone had this done. It sounds like the nerves to the bladder are burned and one is suppost to have pain relief for about 4 months. He said that there is a slight chance of haveing some sexual dysfunction. I don't like the sound of that, but for along time I have not been able to have sex with my husband without alot of pain. I suffer for a day or so afterwards. Damned if I do and damned if I don't the body still has it needs. Ya know what I mean??????. Please let me know if anyone has had this and how did it work out??????
    I also am on methadone now cuz the lortab is not working anymore. Anyone on this too??? does it work? I really do appreciate you all. this is my place of comfort. I know I can come here and talk to ya and I think I probably would be dead if it wasn't for this board!!!!!!!! Lanana grouphug

Lanana,
    Never heard of this new treatment. It sounds surgical with me, but instead of scalpels or lasers they use radiofrequency. Hmmm. Would be an option for some people here I think, even with the sexual side effects. Heck!!even if I couldn't feel as much during sex, at least I could have sex the 'normal' way. How I miss that closeness. Somehow the other options are not quite the same.

Perhaps this needs to be posted also on the surgery boards?? Please keep us updated, OK?
    Positive thoughts and prayers that new treatments for IC will reach all who struggle with this disease,

SusanC

Comment

Hello! There is such a thing called a S3 Nerve Block! I had it done. It is a type of lower back surgery. They go in and Cut the two main nerves that go to the Bladder to try to take away the Pain. I had an incision of about 2 inches long. After it I had to self-cath a while. a neuosurgeon did it. I than reported to my urologist afterward. It last a year for me. It was one of my major surgeries that i had befor I had my Bladder removed. I had it done in 1982 at Duke University. But they do go in and cut the Nerves. Called an S3 Nerve Block.

Hope this helps you.
      Keep you in my Prayers.
      Feel free to e-mail me anytime.
      [email protected]

DebbieD

Comment

Working...
      X