Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a tens unit on Wed., how well does it work for anyone who has one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a tens unit on Wed., how well does it work for anyone who has one?

I am getting a tens unit on Wednesday for lower back pain because I have a bulging disc that is pinching on a nerve and causing very painful lower back and leg pain...I am not familiar with this all I know basically is it is suppose to help with pain..Right now I am using a cane to walk because I am in so much pain and can not walk without one and I would love just to have a normal night sleep without waking up in pain from my leg pain...Hopefully this device will help my IC pain and all my back and leg issues...Anyone give me advice or can let me know how well it does for your pain..I wanna be in decent enough shape pain free I can at least walk without a cane...Thanks

Jennifer
    Interstitial Cystitis(Interstim Therapy)
    IBS
    Fibromyalgia
    Pseudotumor cerebri
    Type 2 Diabetes

I have a tens unit that I've used for 18 months. I love it and find it very helpful in eleviating quite a bit of lower back pain and SI joint pain. I don't know that it will get rid of your need for a cane, but it should provide some relief of chronic pain.

Comment

Mine helped with the IC pain and back pain. Have back pain from the IC. While wearing it I had not back pain at all. Good luck with it.

Comment

I got my tens unit today..seems to be working good so far

Today I got my tens unit, and so far it seems to be working pretty good..I still am in pain but it is alot bareable and tonight even walked to my car without my cane..I was curious for those who have tens unit how often and for how long do you use it? Just wondering should I use it right before I go to bed or do you wear it 24 hours straight or what I should do...hopefully tonight will be a much better resting sleep.....

Jennifer
        IBS
        Fibromyalgia
        Pseudotumor cerebri
        Type 2 Diabetes

Comment

I had mine on for 24/7 for I think 7 years. Could have been 8 I can't remember anymore how long.

Comment

Some days I use it for hrs. and some just a little. There is no "right" amount. Just what makes it feel better to you. I have a trial stim in but it isn't working. Finally the Dr. said to turn that off and I can now use my tens again. Heavenly :-) When it's time to order new wires and patches, my insurance pays and they told me Medicaid does too. Happy buzzing.

Comment

tens unit

I am not sure if this tens unit is helping me or not cause I feel I am still in alot of pain not so much with just my back but my entire body...I am mainly using it for my lower back pain and sciatica nerve pain but it doesn't seem to help as much as I want it too...I am to the point now I just wish I could get surgery to fix it and go from there...I am tired of being in so much pain with my back and leg I can't walk unless I use a cane and still then can't walk very far at all...The neurosurgeon I went to says that the risks outway the benefits of surgery so he wants me to try something else but I don't feel I wanna be in pain anymore trying stuff i have already tried..I am gonna call an orthpedic surgeon tomorrow and see if maybe seeing one of them can help..I'll continue though trying the tens unit cause at least I can say I am trying not to have any pain...

Jennifer
              IBS
              Fibromyalgia
              Pseudotumor cerebri
              Type 2 Diabetes

Comment

Working...
              X