Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you that have TENS units...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you that have TENS units...

I just recently bought a non-prescription portable TENS unit mostly for muscle soreness, but I'm wondering where you guys place the leads when you are using it for bladder pain? The control is small enough to fit in a pocket so I'm thinking this might be great for working through really bad flares if it helps.

Thanks!

Put two on the front of your belly over your bladder, like 6 inches apart and two on your lower back. You can also put all the leads in front if you want or back depending on your pain.
    Your Friend,
    Michelle

Diagnosed: 10/16/09

Elmiron, 100mg 2x per day
    Imipramine, 10 mg per day
    Diazepam 10 mg for sleep
    Zyrtec
    Zovia, birth control (ongoing-no periods)
    Probiotics
    Hydrocodone, 2 pills a day (at any time of day)

Comment

I had a physical therapist show me where to place it and put the settings where it was needed, although I have to admit I changed the settings slightly when I had it. I think I found the most relief when it was on my back, but sometimes it helped when I had it on my lower abdomen area.

Comment

my PT told me if I use them on my bladder area to criss cross them or it wouln't work right.
        IC diagnosis 3 weeks ago.
        Vesicare 10 mg once daily
        IBS and Gerd-Zegerid
        IC diet
        Elmiron 100 mg three daily
        Hydroxyzine 25 mg at night
        Amitriptyline 10mg at night
        Diovan 60/12.5 daily
        Topral 50 mg daily
        Zoloft 100 mg at night
        Klonopin .5 twice daily

Comment

I got a TENS for help with IC pain over a week ago. My physical therapist set it on back/hip icon (your machine may look different). Sticky pads/leads should be no more than 4 inches apart. I started out with two at the super pubic area and two at the very top of the buttocks. However, the ones in back are hard to manipulate by myself, so I switched to two (1 of each channel) at the very top of the inner thighs, and the other two (1 of each channel) on the super pubic area. It seems to alleviate the pain, but only while it's on. The jury is still out for me whether it will eventually calm down the neuropathic pain when it's not in use. If not, I don't think it's worth it.

Good luck.

Ruthanne

Currently only taking aloe vera capsules, glucosamine, chondroitin, hyaluronate, vitamin D, and either Tylenol ES or Meloxicam at bedtime.lThey help just as much as any of the expensive prescription drugs I've tried. I also like Hyomax, which is an antihistamine (prescription, but not expensive) if I feel a flare or pain feels worse. It dissolves under the tongue. I take weekly allergy shots for both inhalants and foods (brewer's yeast is the big trigger for me and it's in sooo many things). I am post menopausal, and my GYN has me using Estrace cream and Vagifem (vaginal tablets). Tissue thins as we age and makes us more susceptible to UTI's (which I just got over). Stopped the Neurontin after about 6 months due to no change in condition.
          I started a food/intake diary a few weeks ago and am finding it very helpful. I've discovered that my calcium tablets (which I need for thinning bones) were causing me pain. So I switched from calcium citrate to an oyster shell calcium.

Comment

http://www.lgmedsupply.com/witeunremypa.html

EXPLANATION OF PAIN:

Pain is a warning system and the body ’s method of telling us that something is wrong. Pain is important; without it abnormal conditions may go undetected, causing damage or injury to vital parts of our bodies. Even though pain is a necessary warning signal of trauma or malfunction in the body, nature may have gone too far in its design. Aside from its value in diagnosis, long-lasting persistent pain serves no useful purpose. Pain does not begin until coded message travels to the brain where it is decoded, analyzed, and then reacted to. The pain message travels from the injured area along the small nerves leading to the spinal cord. Here the message is switched to different nerves that travel up the spinal cord to the brain. The pain message is then interpreted, referred back and the pain is felt.

EXPLANATION OF TENS:

Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation is a non-invasive, drugfree method of controlling pain. TENS uses tiny electrical impulses sent through the skin to nerves to modify your pain perception. TENS does not cure any physiological problem; it only helps control the pain. TENS does not work for everyone; however, in most patients it is effective in reducing or eliminating the pain, allowing for a return to normal activity.

Pelvic Pain - TENS has been used to treat several sources of pelvic pain, including interstitial cystitis (also known as painful bladder syndrome), menstrual pain (dysmenorrhea) and prostatitis. With interstitial cystitis, TENS has been most effective in helping patients who have painful sores known as Hunner’s ulcers, according to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). TENS might reduce pelvic pain and urinary frequency by increasing circulation to the bladder, strengthening pelvic muscles or causing the release of endorphins, according to the agency.

In some cases, TENS has been used to relieve labor pains. However, this use remains controversial because of the lack of research on how the fetus is affected by the electrical impulses. In general, pregnant women should avoid using TENS unless under the strict supervision of their physician.

Back Pain - TENS may relieve the severe pain and muscle spasms that sometimes develop after a vertebral fracture caused by osteoporosis, according to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS). It has also been used for conditions including spinal cord trauma, spinal stenosis, sciatica and herniated discs.

there is more visit the site for more information...

Comment

Working...
            X