Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just started on Tolterodine Tartrate, would like to know others experiences with it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started on Tolterodine Tartrate, would like to know others experiences with it

Hi everyone! I was diagnosed with IC, 2 years ago when I was 19. I have a lot of other chronic pelvic probelms and stomach problems (IBS, V. Painful Periods, Acid Reflux which sets off the IBS flares) so it's been a long process of having lots of procedures to eliminate other pelvic situated illnesses (still waiting for laparoscopy to test for endometriosis). Other than the laparoscopy I've come to the end of all procedures/tests so my urologist prescribed me tolterodine tartrate last week, I'm British so not really sure what the drug is called in the US or elsewhere?? It's an antimuscarinic? He didn't really tell me much about the drug and what it's supposed to do?? Is it primarily just to stop the frequency and urgency or will it help with pain too? I would just like to know anyone else's experiences with this drug? Side effects? I'm getting palpitations and extreme drowsiness, feeling feverish and run down? I assume that's just the general side effects of any strong tablet as I'm on amitriptyline too and got those side effects from that too. One worrying side effect from the tolterodine is strong pelvic pain, feeling like something is about to pop, it's very sharp and makes me sweat. Has anyone else had anything like this? Does it go away eventually? Please share your experiences it will be a big help

Re: Just started on Tolterodine Tartrate, would like to know others experiences with

Hi,

Im in the UK too. After 6 weeks of pain and frequency my doctor started me on this on Monday. I'd tried oxybutynin for two weeks before, but the side effects were horrendous.

I'm finding that I'm extremely tired and my brain always feels fuzzy. I think it helps with the frequency, but not with the pain as my bladder fills.

I'm seeing a Urologist on Tuesday and will be asking if these side effects will diminish. At the moment I'm not really sure the side effects are both the small benefit.

I hope your side effects are now under control.

Jules

Comment

Working...
    X