Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progesterone only/mini pill success stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progesterone only/mini pill success stories?

My urogyn and regular gyno want me to try the mini pill (I'm breastfeeding so the combo pill isn't an option) their theory is that since my ic is a level 1 in discomfort regularly and goes to a level 5 during my ovulation time, that suppressing the ovulation will be beneficial. However I'm freaking out because I can't find any positive mentions of progesterone, only bad ones! So has anyone tried the mini pill and found it to be beneficial for their ic??

Re: Progesterone only/mini pill success stories?

I was like you, i had horrible ovulation time.
    Micronor (the norethindrone mini pill) saved my life.
    It was so great.
    It was the only thing that helped and it actually helped pain from ic flares.
    And since at one point i couldn't have kids so birth control didn't matter i upped it to two and it was so amazing.
    Nothing else hit the pain like that.
    Thats the thing with ic......every body is different. Some may need estrogen and some may be ok with progesterone or progestins....
    You might find a wee bit of estrogen cream on the urethra might help a bit if you experience some dryness, it won't effect the micronor if you just use it externally.
    But yeah i am one of the ones that it saved my life.
    Hope this helps.
    Take care
    Have had ic symptoms for 18 years, officially diagnosed 15 years....treatments--herbs, antidepressants, anticonvulsants, overactive bladder meds, painkillers, instils........
    Had endo but had to have a hysterectomy, now menopause yay
    Vulvadynia, ibs, acid reflux, raynauds, TMJ, and suspected auto-immune disorder of some kind
    Other things, heart defect and scoliosis

Comment

Thank you so much! Why did you stop taking it? Also did you use other meds while on the mini pill? Diet?

Comment

Your welcome.
        Well with uracyst instills, for a few months i was able to stop everything but the micronor.
        I was on a whole lot of different stuff over the years but the uracyst instils helped heal the bladder and the micronor helped keep the bladder pain away.
        I stopped it since i had a hysterectomy/oophorectomy (when i was 33, now 37) but i have since tried it again since i find it nice to balance out the estrace i take for menopause symptoms.
        I had thought for some reason the micronor had flared me but realized it was diet related so have since done that and its all good.
        I hope this helped you and hope you get some relief from the micronor but also if you are in a country where there are other mini-pills, you can give them a chance as well since all progestins have different effects on people.
        Take care
        Have had ic symptoms for 18 years, officially diagnosed 15 years....treatments--herbs, antidepressants, anticonvulsants, overactive bladder meds, painkillers, instils........
        Had endo but had to have a hysterectomy, now menopause yay
        Vulvadynia, ibs, acid reflux, raynauds, TMJ, and suspected auto-immune disorder of some kind
        Other things, heart defect and scoliosis

Comment

Hi, I'm in exactly the same position! How did the micronor go for you? Did it help?

Comment

Yes, any other pill brand suggestions?
            Diagnosed with IC in 2005, PFD in 2016. My sister has had IC for 21 years and our mother over 30. 66 years of bladder fun combined!

Comment

Working...
            X