Wellbutrin anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wellbutrin anyone?

Well, I have tried Lexapro for a month. I take it at night bc of sleepiness. I am only getting one symptom! I am constantly hungry! I am thinking it is bc I also take Atarax. Could be the combination. I want to try something that does not make me hungry as I struggle with my weight anyways.....I was on Wellbutrin years ago for about a year. I did have some problem taking the full dose, though, bc of diarhea. Has anyone experienced loose bowels with Wellbutrin? I want to try it again bc I did not feel hungry on it and had no sexual side effects....if you take it, can you tell me the side effects you experience? Thanks
    DanaW

"Don't quit when the tide is lowest, For it's just about to turn; Don't quit over doubts and questions, For there's something you may learn."

Hi Dana,

My husband took Wellbutrin XL and gained weight, made him bloated. I know everyone reacts differently, just wanted to share. Good luck with it. See I love Lexapro, have no side effects. I think if it worked well for you before (the wellbutrin) then maybe it will work well for you again. Good luck!!

Hugs and love,
    Jess
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Hi Dana,
      I was on WellbutrinSR 100mg and Paxil 10mg every day. But, I recently stopped the Wellbutrin, am still taking the Paxil, and I am not having to "strain" near as much to start the urine stream. I am not sure if there is a connection, but when I think back on the last year, I have been having a lot more trouble with "retention-like" problems...when my Dr. added the Wellbutrin to the Paxil I was already on, she did look up side effects doing with the urinary system and said there had been some reports of frequency/urgency and we needed to discuss it with my Uro. which I promptly forgot to do... Anyways, I know we are all different, and meds are different for us all, but that is my experience for what its worth...Good Luck to you.
      Kan
      Oh yeah, I have gained over 20 pounds in 1 and half years, probably due to the paxil, but it really helps me, so I just buy elastic pants.
      Always try to do the right thing; it will astonish some people and gratify the rest- Mark Twain

DX: IC-2003, Systemic Lupus w/secondary Sjogren's-2009, Total Hysterectomy with BSO-2005, IBS-forever it seems, Renal Tubular Acidosis, Vitamin D deficiency-2008, Vulvar Vestibulitis-2002, Pudendal Neuralgia-2008
      I also try and manage depression/anxiety, Migraines, Too many kidney stones to count-starting in 1991 to the present
      I had my 1st urethral surgery at age 4, have had urethral syndrome from then on.
      Failed treatments: Elmiron both instilled and oral caused severe increase in liver enzymes
      Elavil and Ditropan-severe bladder retention
      Currently on pain mgmt, lidocaine gel topically also gives some relief after initial 2-4 min burning when applied.
      Prior treatment included pelvic floor therapy and TENS unit, both of which I still do as needed.

Comment

Hi:
        I have been on Wellbutrin SR and Trazodone for the past 3 years. Actually I lost 40 lbs since I started taking them. They don't seem to affect my IC, but then again I've been on them so long that maybe they do make things worse, and I just don't realize it.

Comment

I've been on wellbutrin for a year with good results. About 6 months ago they came out with wellbutrin xr150mg. I take 450mg with lexapro 20mg plus a ton of other meds. Initially I lost weight, however I've gained 30 pounds in 8 months. I also have ibs and used to exercise 5-6 days a week. Now there no exercise, unless you count getting up to pee and laying on the couch with the heating pad all day! Also I found my stomach is upset a lot so I eat a lot of starches, potatoes, rice, crackers, etc.

I've never been this big, even when I delivered my child and I'm devastated. Just what I need with all the other pain from IC.

Overall, I highly recommed the wellbutrin xr., it increased my activity and greatly lowered my depression. This was before ic diagnosis.

Everyone is different and it may take several attempts to find the right medicine for you. As long as your dr. is kind, patient and will work with you go for it.

Best wishes,
          Julie angel

Comment

Working...
          X