PROZAC ANYONE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROZAC ANYONE?

jUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU USE PROZAC?? AND IF IT HELPED OR HURT YOUR BLADDER SYMPTOMS. CELESTE

Hi Celestra, I have been on Prozac for a few years now. My doctor explained to me that ic causes a type of pain that effects us mentally and emotionally. I know that it has helped me.

Comment

I am gratefully back on Prozac. It doesn't seem to bother my IC. It works the best for my depression....
      DanaW

"Don't quit when the tide is lowest, For it's just about to turn; Don't quit over doubts and questions, For there's something you may learn."

Comment

I haven't been on Prozac. I was on Paxil (relative of Prozac) years ago (before IC) and it was AWFULL. When I went off it, I had to get liquid form to go off so slowly, and going off it nearly pushed me over the edge. Once off it for a few weeks, felt MUCH better. Friend was on Prozac for awhile and hated it; made her feel flat, emotion-less. My homeopath has me on St. John's Wort (1 per day) -- the plant they use in making Prozac. Has much fewer side effects and I feel great. Many Europeans treat depression with it, but our big drug companies here have put out a lot of "research" articles on how "dangerous" taking herbals can be (like it's not with SSRI's?) or how ineffective it is. Eurpeans know this is baloney. Unfortunately, many of our docs and shrinks here buy into the Prozac thing because they simply are not well educated enough about herbals. I'm not saying whether SJW or Prozac is better; probably depends upon the person. Just know that there is a choice and that the SJW has so far not affected my IC.

Comment

I used prozac years ago. Now I use Paxil and it's working well for me. I agree that there are side affects if you try to go off of it too quickly. But, I take 10mg a day and it keeps my anxiety in check.
          mom_in_ma

Comment

Working...
          X