Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vm
    replied
    I lost weight when I was on Prozac - loved that side effect.

I am on Lexapro now and it has helped my IC. I don't know if it is some action of the drug or if it is just the reduction of my anxiety, but after about 3 weeks on it I noticed my urethral "discomfort" was gone most of the time. I hadn't expected it to help with my IC, but it seems to have done so.

Leave a comment:

• Cottreau
    replied
    I take Lexapro not for IC reasons though. Does it help for IC as well? I don't get those same side effects. I feel less hungry with it and I can't say I'm losing weight, but I'm not retaining anymore water than usual. I hope it doesn't happen to me. My doc just gave me a higher dosage of it today. I hope that it help for IC as well! Good luck with the Prozac, I hope it works better for you.

grouphug

Leave a comment:

• DanaW
    started a topic Stopped Taking Lexapro

Stopped Taking Lexapro

I took myself off of it 2 days ago. I was taking it at night bc of it making me groggy. (which was ok) However, I noticed that I was retaining fluids and I had no energy the next day. And, I was hungry and gaining weight fast. So, I started taking my Prozac again and what a difference!! I feel more energetic and the swelling is gone and the HUGE appetite. So no more Lexapro for me.
Working...
X