Pamelor and clogged salivary glands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pamelor and clogged salivary glands

I was just diagnosed with a mucoid cyst (basically a clogged salivary gland) which has to be cut out of my mouth! I was told these could be caused by having a dry mouth (which I always have on the Pamelor). Now I have stopped taking it because I am scared I will get another one (it is really nasty and big). Has anyone else had this problem with a tricyclic? Also, do you think Neurontin would be an option for me, or does it cause a dry mouth, too? I am going to bring this up with my doctor next week, but sometimes other people's experiences are more valuable. Thanks.

Hi Pam, I am also taking Pamelor the generic called Nortriptyline, I have had no problems with it, I think there are a few more on this site that take it too, yours is the first I heard about anything like that happening. I pray that things get better for you without having surgery. Is that listed as a side effect? Take care and keep us posted how things are going.
    God Bless.
    Sue
    Sue

Comment

Pamelor

Hello. I am new to these boards. I just was recently diagnosed with ic. I have been on Pamelor (Nortriptoline) a few different times. I had many side effects. The last time I was on this, my family doctor kept increasing the doses to help my pain. He finally increased the dose to 75 mg. Well one day at work I was working as a cashier, I all of a sudden did not know where I was. Then I was talking so quiet that no one could hear me. I was so dizzy! Other times I would black out for a few minutes and almost drop to the floor. Other side effects I had was going from a size 4 to a size 10. not really gaining much but 10 lbs or so. I will never go back on that drug. It did nothing but hurt me in the long run. There was another day when my husband and I went to court, to lunch, and shopping. Then like 3 hours afterwards I didn't even know I had done all of that. I thought he was lying. That was crazy!:eek:

I would not advise anyone to take it. But best of luck!

Comment

Hello nobodyknows, Welcome to the icn family sorry you have ic but you have found one great support group. we all care.
        sending you hugs and prayers
        Rhonda
        Medicine taken daily or as needed:
        1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
        2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
        3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
        4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
        5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
        5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
        6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
        7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Thank you and hello

Hello,
          how are you? I am okay but kind of upset because I posted to the Success Stories board and shared my story and what helped me. I have gotten six replies in response to what it was I was taking and what had helped me! Then today, I got an email stating that my posts were taken off of the boards by [email protected] because I was supposidly advertising. I am very upset, because to me that was my story and obviously people want to know what has helped me so they have emailed me for the information! I feel that that is discrimination on her part, because everyone else has posted their story and the meds that have helped them. Please HELP!

If you would please contact me either by email or phone.

Thanks,

Odessa Wallace
          [email protected]
          317-788-4369

Comment

Working...
          X