Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nearlly ran out of Elavil help??!!

Oh my god I am totally stressing out.
    I have just realised I only have two more days of elavil left and I havent got my appointment with my doctor for another 3 weeks time!!!!

He normally gives me enough to keep me going until I see him next but he must of mis calculated or something!!! He did actually say in my last appointment that I had enought to keep me going but I havent at all! I have just being cleaning my medicine cabinet when I realised with shock I have two days left!!!!!

I have been on them for 2 years and I know that if I stopped taking them suddenly I will have severe withdrawln symptoms and my agonising pain will come back!!

I am in total panic now and I cant get hold of his secretary and I know he is on holiday. I have left 3 urgent messages today with her but no reply!!

Is there anyway I can buy these on the internet without a perscription?????!!!

I am very desperate now! I cant believe he has done this to me I am so scared and mad !

Please help me!
    Started with symptoms 2004 after a severe infection.
    Was diagnosed with IC Feb 2006 after cystoscopy.
    Diagnosed with vulvodyina and PN in july 2006.
    Dignosed with ME and IBS Oct 2006.
    Currently taking Amytriptaline 50mg, regular pain killers and birth control!
    Also doing IC diet and regular use of heat packs.
    Still struggling with IC and controling my symptoms so looking for some help

also recently had abnormal pap, CIN III and just had LEEP done 2007

HI! I don't think you can get Elavil online without a prescription. I think a call into your dr.s emergency line would be the next step. They can forward the call to your dr. (even on holiday) or they'll forward you to a dr. on call. I think going thru an early withdrawl from Elavil is reason enough to call. Good luck!! Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
    Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
    Dx'd Hypothyroid
    Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
    June 2007
    Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
    First Cysto 1979
    First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
    Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
    Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
    Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
    Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
    Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
    Bladder surgery 2000
    Dx'd: IBS 2000
    Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
    Laminectomy 1989
    Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
    I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

I see you are based in the UK?

If you go to your GP, he/she can prescribe amitriptyline as it used routinely for bladder problems.
      IC diagnosis: Aug 2005
      Symptoms: Urgency, urge and irritation and urethral symptoms
      Flareup for 1 year til July 2007 (had constant urge and pain et al....)

Elmiron 100mg 3x daily April 2006 - present
      Enablex 7.5mg nightly Sep 2007 -present
      Atarax, Elavil 10mg nightly (Dec 2007)
      Acupuncture - November 2007 - present

(Past meds for IC- Cystistat, Elavil 30mg, Ditropan, long term a/bs, Prednisolone, Cimetidine, Neurontin)

Comment

thank you so much sweetangel and Roxie!

I already asked my GP but she said she couldnt provide me with a perscription and I can only get it from my urologist who has been giving me the elavil for 2 years now!

Also I dont think they have an emergency number and if they do I cant find it and they dont advise the number on their voice mail.

do you think I should go back to my GP again tomorrow?
        thank you so much

Comment

Yes I would go back......see what she/he recommends. They can't just leave you hanging with no medication. Maybe show them the precription bottle with the most recent date of your last prescription? Or see if your pharmacy will "loan" you a few pills till your dr. returns. Hope you are able to figure it out!

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
          Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
          Dx'd Hypothyroid
          Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
          June 2007
          Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
          First Cysto 1979
          First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
          Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
          Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
          Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
          Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
          Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
          Bladder surgery 2000
          Dx'd: IBS 2000
          Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
          Laminectomy 1989
          Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
          I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Definitely see your doctor, and do not order anything over the Internet, please! Medications sold on the Internet can come from just about anywhere, and you never know what they contain -- they may not even have any active medication in them at all, or they might have too much. It's just not a safe option!

I hope that you can get this sorted out quickly
            Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
            *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
            *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
            *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thanks so you all for the advise and support ladies

Well I finally have my perscription! I decided to go to ER becuase I turned up at my GP surgery and they wouldnt help me at all.

I only had to wait for an hour and half at ER and pretented I had completely ran out! Thank god for that.......panik over

lots of luv

xxx

Comment

Oh, I'm so glad it worked out!!!
                Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
                *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
                *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
                *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Working...
                X