Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone share experiences with Lyrica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone share experiences with Lyrica?

My Uro wants me to try it. Currently I am on 20mg of Elavil & it does help. But I can't up it because I get major food cravings & I don't want to gain more weight (trying to lose 5lbs0! My Uro sais he has had great success with it but I am afraid of weight gain!
    Any insights appreciated!
    Melinda
    ps I mostly have constant urethral discomfort!

I have had great luck with Lyrica. It has reduced shooting pains originating in the bladder area, and it seriously helps my fibromyalgia as well. I think it has caused a slight weight gain, but not a lot.
    Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Lyrica

I also take Lyrica. It helps me deal better with the pain. I don't gain weight on it.

Kara
      Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
      http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by MelindaP
        My Uro wants me to try it. Currently I am on 20mg of Elavil & it does help. But I can't up it because I get major food cravings & I don't want to gain more weight (trying to lose 5lbs0! My Uro sais he has had great success with it but I am afraid of weightt gain!
        Any insights appreciated!
        Melinda
        ps I mostly have constant urethral discomfort!

My name is amanda and i'm 21ys old with ic and alot of oher problems but i've been on lyrica for the past year and don't feel ne diffeence at all and people are different sometimes it works a llttle bit and sometimes it don't work at all try norotion it's like the same thing but a little
        better
        *~AmAnDa~*

Comment

I took Lyrica for 6 months and gained 25 lbs over that period.
          Dx: IC, endo, IBS, migraines, TMG, allergies, fibro

Current meds: Singalair 10 mg daily, Miralax daily, lido/heparin/sodbicab as needed, Vivelle Dot (HRT),prelief, Imitrex as needed, Pyridium Plus as needed, Alprazolam as needed, Tramadol as needed, Levsin s/l as needed, Methadone 5-10mg daily, Zyrtec daily

Comment

Hi,
            Due to inactivity due to pain from IC, IBS, GERD, and Fibromyalgia, I have gained A LOT of weight so I was very stressed to see that weight gain was a side effect of Lyrica when my doc wanted me to try it.
            I began taking it and Cymbalta at the same time and although my weight has not changed that much I am a total Zombie on it / them... I am not sure which is causing the sleepiness but I need to find out.
            Lyrica does help with my IC and fibro pain and the trade off may have to be decided... pain relief vs. sleepy and weight gain?
            I know it is a hard and unfair decision isn't yet.
            Prayerfully, Georgia
            Faith is not believing God can; Faith is believing God will!

Comment

Working...
            X