Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to lose the weight???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take to lose the weight???

I have been on amitryptaline (elavil) since November, and I have gained proabaly close to 15 lbs. I am getting married in 5 weeks and my dress does not fit!!! it was very devasting at my fitting, and I am very stressed over this to say the least. The worst part of it all is that the last month I have been watching what I eat and exercising, and still nothing. i immediately STOPPED the elavil the night my dress did not fit. I happened to see my doctor 2 days after, and he ok'd me to go off it, esp since we are planning on trying to concieve within the next 5 months. Anyways he started me on flexeral and changed the norco to percoset, so I could take ;less pain med. Anyways before I babble on and on, I just want to know if anyone has had any experience with losing the weight after going off of the medicine. I am walking 3 miles a day, and watching what I eat - trying to stay away from the sweets...... and still i do not feel like anything is happening!! I want to know if anyone has any great ideas on how to lose this weight, or if i just have to be a fat awful bride!!! Any suggestions PLEASE!!!!

All brides are beautiful

I hope you have been a little successful but if not don't be too hard on yourself. Weight never comes off as fast as it goes on. I did have sucess losing most of the weight I gained from the Elavil just by going off it. My pain meds(percocet) increased though and they take my appetite away so I know I was eating less than before. The Elavil made me crave sweets really bad and I was hungry all the time so I also decreased empty calories.

Congratulations on your wedding!!

Comment

I was on elavil and within a couple a weeks I started loosing, but not at a fast rate so please dont drive yourself crazy about this.. All brides shine at there wedding and you will look just fine...
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I dont know much about trying to loose weight after stopping elavil. If your really concerned maybe see a personal trainer. They will help whip you butt back into shape. lol I hope everything works out, you will look beautiful either way!
        ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
        Love like you've never been hurt
        Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

Usually the rule is that it takes you as long to lose the weight, as it took you to gain it... So if you gain 5lbs in one month, then it will probably take you one month to lose the 5lbs and so forth.....

Don't stress too much about it... (stress doesn't help weight loss anyways!!!!!)
          current meds:
          cytotec 200mcg twice daily
          toprol
          allegra

ONLY 3 MEDICATIONS!!! YAY! Would never have dreamed this is possible

dx: hashimoto's thyroiditis 1998
          dx: interstitial cystitis via cystoscopy with hydrodistention and biopsy 2003
          dx: endometriosis 2003
          dx: innapropriate sinus tacchicardia 2005

meds tried but failed:
          elavil (6months)- severe tachycardia
          elmiron (1yr6mo.)- no improvement, nausea, hair loss, stomach ulcers
          a bunch of others

Me and my best friend's baby (also my Godson!)

Comment

Working...
          X