Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbelle474
    replied
    Thanks for all of your responses!!! HUGS!

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    replied
    i know

i know exactly what you are talking about.
    and yes...elavil works well..when i am not "flaring"

but when I am flaring...i still can't sleep.
    i think it may lessen it...both in length & intensity
    then if we were on nothing

but..you are correct
    it will not cure a flare

must try cystoprotek
    cured my frequency within 2 days

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    I cannot even take meds like elavil because of my already slow digestive system. My hubby and I have not even had sex in months because I just cannot risk getting a UTI ( which I am prone to) and also the pain in just not worth it afterwards. We are intimate in other ways. You can be intimate and not have intercourse.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• Braedley
    replied
    sorry to hear it, it's not fun

you may need to increase your dose, i would speak to your doctor..

i've been taking 30mg for 5 days now, and i notice a huge difference, as in it's not working as well as before..so it's time for me to increase it per my doctor's orders...

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Elavil helped with the daily pain, but nothing ever seemed to helped when we would have intercourse. I would flare for days..Sorry I wish I had an answer for you but the only one I have is we just found other ways to have sex, its just not worth the pain afterwards..

Ronda

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    I'm sorry you're in such a bad flare. I have been on 25 mgs of Elavil since April and I have noticed that I am in a lot more pain again lately. I think that my dose needs to be upped. I feel like it helps more with the daily nerve pain that I have but when I get into a flare it's like it was before I started taking it and it doesn't help as much.

Leave a comment:

• sbelle474
    started a topic Elavil not working well with a flare?

Elavil not working well with a flare?

Hello, i have been taking about ~12 mg of Elavil a day for the past year and had a wonderful time with it blocking most of my pain symptoms. Then about two weeks ago, DH and I were intimate and blamo my bladder is going through a major flare.... The Elavil seems to not be working right now and I am going through (hopefully if I can get in touch with the dr.'s nurse, who is flaky) about 6 bladder instills. Have any of you ever had Elavil work for awhile and then during a flare stop working? Maybe I just need to get my bladder calmed back down and then it will work again? hopefully this is making sense.... Do I need to up my dosage of Elavil? (Currently i have 25 mg pills and cut them in half) I have tried for several days to take a whole one and it doesn't seem to help the flare....
Working...
X