No announcement yet.

neurontin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been on Neurontin (300mg at night) for about 3 weeks. I can't tell you I feel any better... but at night, my sleeping is worse. I wake up more on Neurontin that I did with Atarax alone. I still take Atarax, but the Neurontin has not been good for my sleep. I am also more tired during the day since starting the Neurontin (maybe becase I'm not sleeping well with it or maybe it is the drug haze).
    [SIZE="1"][B]Be well, Alyssa :hi:[/B]

[

Comment

300mg is still a very small dose. i kind of titrated up fast...because i was getting virtually no side effects. i didnt start feeling releif untill about 600mgs. (keep in mind i'm still on nortryptiline, but down to only 10mgs, soon i will be off it for good) One thing about Neurontin though; it works more like a pain pill, meaning you often need to re-dose throughout the day. i start to feel burning around 4-5 hours after my last dose. so i'm not suprised that a small dose around night time is not working anymore by the time you wake up. you may be sleeping through the relief (though thats good if you tend to wake up). I notice that elavil lasted all day...but neurontin doesnt, so my first morning pee always feels like boiling water beacuse i havent dosed all night
      diagnosed IC Jan 2007 (though i feel i've had it mildly for years)
      frequent UTIs
      No frequency, just urgency and pain!

tramadol 50mg twice a day. this stuff works good for nerve pain!!!! (update, i'm down to mostly one pill a day now!)

Physical Therapy. if you have pelvic nerve pain or muscle pain, its worth a try. it helped me with the constant burning.

TENS may help a little

Cystoprotek might be helping as well. i'm getting better as time goes on and this could be why.

fish oil, herbal teas, skullcap (might try passionflower for nerves) I'm not very diet sensitive.

Went OFF elavil and nortryptiline (worked wonders, but didnt like the weight gain)

Comment

See, the weird thing about Neurontin and me is that I am sleeping less due to it. On Atarax alone, I would wake up at most 1 time a night (many nights sleep though the night). When I miss an Atarax dose (happened twice), I wake up 5+ times a night. I tried the Atarax 3x/day (which they said I could because I'm on the liquid form), but that made me so groggy.

The neurontin (I'm still on Atarax), causes me to wake up more often (2-3 times a night) and my sleep is very disrupted and light. It's so frustrating! I haven't felt refreshed after sleep since I started it 3 weeks ago! I'm getting so tired now! I do feel groggy during the day, but I just attributed it to the crappy sleep I get on Neurontin. I don't feel any different on it in terms of my frequency/urgency. My doctor put me at 3 times/day at 100mg to start (the idea of re-dose during the day). I got so tired on that. After a week, I went back to the 300mg at night because I didn't feel as bad as when I was on the 3x/day. I just dont' think my body likes all these meds I'm on... At least I'm not reacting to the neurontin like I do with Elavil (evil), Ultram (painful), and Topamax (diuretic).
        [SIZE="1"][B]Be well, Alyssa :hi:[/B]

[

Comment

most people get tired on neurontin. i can tell you that at first i was almost a little jumpy, like caffiene. maybe you're getting the same effect. hopefully your body will get used to it enough that your side effects go down. that tends to happen to me, though we're all different. Elavil is kind of strong. i know you're scared, but Nortryptiline; even though it is a Tricyclic, tends to have less side effects but worked just as well for burning.
          diagnosed IC Jan 2007 (though i feel i've had it mildly for years)
          frequent UTIs
          No frequency, just urgency and pain!

tramadol 50mg twice a day. this stuff works good for nerve pain!!!! (update, i'm down to mostly one pill a day now!)

Physical Therapy. if you have pelvic nerve pain or muscle pain, its worth a try. it helped me with the constant burning.

TENS may help a little

Cystoprotek might be helping as well. i'm getting better as time goes on and this could be why.

fish oil, herbal teas, skullcap (might try passionflower for nerves) I'm not very diet sensitive.

Went OFF elavil and nortryptiline (worked wonders, but didnt like the weight gain)

Comment

Working...
          X