Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tink22
    replied
    I've been on Doxepin (which is a Tricyclic) for 11 years. I was a bit groggy for a few weeks at first as I got used to it, however it went away after that and I felt fine with no day time fatigue or sleepiness after that.
    Last edited by Tink22; 03-27-2011, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• coopsmom
    replied
    i am sleepy ALL the time you say sleep I can you say Pee I can. I can sleep and Pee on demand. I take 12.5 mg of Elavil. Now I am taking Cymbalta I am just gonna be a zoombie. I think if the Cymbalta makes me sleepy tho I am gonna try to give up on the Elavil. But I really love the fact if you have to get up to PP during the night you don't have to count sheep to go back to sleep you do good to make it back to the bed. LOL Here is my day. Get up take my little boy to school come back go back to bed until 11 go take his lunch to him then come back and go back to bed on most days. Some days I watch the soaps. Most days sleep. I hope the Cymbalta helps me. I pray to the Lord it does.

Leave a comment:

• cosake
    replied
    I am on amitriptyline and hydroxyzine only at night. I take them about an hour before I get into bed and then I'm usually asleep within an hour of getting into bed; so 2 hours from the time I take the meds to when I fall asleep.

I am currently taking 30 mgs. amitriptyline with 25 mgs hydroxyzine.

I tried taking it during the day and I was so exhausted. So I only take it in the evenings now. I usually sleep good for about 3 hours and then I'm awake on and off through the rest of the night. Usually not too tired in the morning.

Everyone metabolizes and reacts to meds and combinations of meds differently.

Leave a comment:

• Grinch
    replied
    I am on 10 mg. I do have Fibro and IBS. I dont know much about CFS. I am Lyrica and Toviaz for everything. At different points for various reasons I have been off each of the meds. I dont feel the same intense fatigue when I am off of the Lyrica and the Toviaz. I am hesitant to switch to something else because it does work so well, and the withdrawal is a nightmare. On the other hand, I want to improve my quality of life.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    I think if you were going to get used to the fatigue of elavil it probably would've happened a long time ago
    Are you sure its the elavil? what else are you taking? Do you have any other conditions like CFS or fibro that can cause fatigue?
    If not, have you thought about trying a different tri-cyclic? There are 2nd generation tri-cyclics that cause less side effects. The first time my husband tried elavil, he slept all night until 10 in the morning then at noon he was back asleep in the recliner and that was only taking 12mg! His doctor switched him to nortriptyline (pamelor) which is the one I'm taking too and he sleeps well but isn't knocked out by it. It makes me a little hyper and a little groggy all at once... Anyways, thats not the only one but its the one I see on here most often besides the elavil.

Leave a comment:

• Grinch
    started a topic does the elavil fatigue ever go away

does the elavil fatigue ever go away

I have been on elavil for the last 12 years, since my diagnosis. It has helped tremendously. It has been the one constant in my treatment. The only downside to it is the extreme fatigue. I always feel like I"m dragging. It is like I can never get enough sleep. I spend the weekends in bed just so I can function during the week. My question is what's the best way to take elavil to minimize the fatigue? I am already on a low dose. I want to feel 28 instead of 88. Any advice is appreciated.
Working...
X