Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• erikaic
    replied
    I have tried both lyrica and elavil. Lyrica made me feel totally doped up and weird though it did help the symptoms. I am on 25 mg at night of elavil but it isn't quite doing the trick so trying 50 mg tonight. I don't think 5 mg of elavil should make you retain. The only one that really did that to me was vesicare or enablex ( anti spasmadics).

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    I am thinking it will help me too? Has anyone tried Lyrica and had the same results? Or is there another anti depresent that will not make me retain urine? Would 5 mg of elavil make me retain if it is such a low dose?

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I started at 10mg per night & it reduced my frequency from 60x a day down to 20x within a week or two. I was only able to sleep 20 minutes without waking up needing to void, but the first night I took the 10mg of Elavil, I slept 4 hours straight - I was so grateful I cried. Eventually I increased it to 20 mg per night and that helped even more.

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    Elavil

What is a good dosage to start elavil at? I was given this at the very beginning when it was really bad and had retention. Im not sure even what the dose was at that time, and i was pretty well delusional.Id like to start at a low dose. so maby 10 mg? Does 5 mg work for anyone?

What does elavil do exactly?

Leave a comment:

• DaniMSC
    replied
    I"m so happy for you! I am taking it too, it's helped me be able to sleep through the night and probably helped with my pain, but I know what you mean about the side-effects!! I have been afraid to up my dose to the 50mg reccomended by my doctor because I feel like I've finally adjusted to the 25mg. That said, I think time helps "clear the fog" and give you some energy back.

Leave a comment:

• Briza
    replied
    that's awesome, carla!

Leave a comment:

• meResque
    replied
    Elavil gave me my life back.

Leave a comment:

• needsrelief
    replied
    congrats! I take elavil from time to time also. but it makes me constipated and causes urine retention for me so I dont take it all the time just when im flaring really bad

Leave a comment:

• carlaincalif
    started a topic Elavil is doing the trick!

Elavil is doing the trick!

I started Elavil one week ago and am shocked at the results! I have mild IC, with minimal pain....mostly frequency and urgency. The Elavil has knocked out all of my pain, frequency and urgency. In fact, (knock on wood) I feel pretty close to normal again. In addition to the Elavil, I am on Elmiron, Atarax, Premarin (Hysterectomy in 97) and a blood pressure med.

There is a downside...I am in a light fog and am hoping that side effect goes away soon. It is hard to work when it takes every effort you have to form a coherent sentence.

I took 25mg for the first few days before I went to bed. and slept like a baby. I am now taking 50mg, with one pill in the morning and one at ngiht. If I dont split the dose, I found it wore off by 4:00 PM and I was feeling the urge and discomfort again.

This is the first time in 4+ months I have felt some hope! I am so excited and wanted to share my excitement with others!
Working...
X