Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmclien
    replied
    I take D-mannose before and after sex. My understanding is that it is a type of sugar that our bodies make too. You could check with your pharmacist and also drugs.com has a good drug interaction program where you put in all your meds and then run it and it comes back with any interactions. Its pretty handy.

Anyways, my understanding of D-mannose is that it is a type of simple sugar/carbohydrate that our bodies don't metabolize. 80-90% of it goes straight to the urinary tract where any kind of bacteria bind to it and are peed out. I found out about it on here and instead of taking an antibiotic after sex I'm now taking this before, after and then about 8 hours later again. So far so good!

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    It would be best to ask a pharmacist or your Dr about this. Interactions aren't anything you want to risk.

Sandra

Leave a comment:

• kmstrong07
    started a topic Antidepressant Interaction

Antidepressant Interaction

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken an antidepressant and D-Mannose together? Reason why I am asking is becasue I was prescribed celexa today and I take D-Mannose for maintanence against UTI's. While reading about the D-Mannose it said that it does not interaction with medications but I still want to be sure. Does anyone have any experience with taking antidepressants and D-Mannose? Thank you in advance.
Working...
X