Pristiq?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pristiq?

Dr wants me to try Pristiq-- been on Sinequan for years but it is not doing anything now... told me to take it during day because it could make me hyper.. good grief that is one thing I don't need...Kind of bad timing to try something new ---Going in for Cysto/Hydro. on Wed..

Just wondering if anyone has had success with Pristiq??? I am also having neck and back pain which I had x rays for today.. most likely arthritis.

told me to take Aleve instead of Ibuprofen so took one-- so far not done a thing for the pain...

Thanks
    God brought me to it, He will bring me through it!!!

Diagnosed 2003
    by cysto/hydro
    Elmiron took almost a year- made me sick, caused diarrhea
    Pyridium -Made me sick
    Detrol and Ditropan, Toviaz and Mrrbetriq- caused constipation and head ache.
    Tried DMSO instill- had 5 out of 6
    Started Oxytrol Patch-stopped using them after 3 months-- skin was getting irritated
    Cysto/hydro April 6th 2011-- on expansion only hold one cup
    IBS/ IC
    High blood pressure meds and Crestor
    Metformin (prediabetic)
    Sinequan (depression)

Pristiq caused a major flare

I have been on many anti-depressants because I have treatment resistant depression and am very sensitive to side effects. Pristiq gave me the worst IC flare of all the anti-depressants I have tried. I literally took it for 2 days and had to stop. It immediately increased my pain and frequency. I would suggest trying to get a sample from your doc first to see if you can tolerate it. I know we are all different, so it may be ok for you. But proceed with caution!

Kim

Comment

He did give me enough samples for one month... but I took it with food yesterday around supper time-- and started to get sick.. was sick all night.. so no way will I take any more... Willl have to call him today and just go back on the Sinequan-- maybe it does not do much but atleast never made me sick..

yuck

Diagnosed 2003
      by cysto/hydro
      Pyridium -Made me sick
      Started Oxytrol Patch-stopped using them after 3 months-- skin was getting irritated
      IBS/ IC
      Metformin (prediabetic)
      Sinequan (depression)

Comment

I took abilify and it helped me immensely!! I felt like I assume everyone else feels. I had to stop taking it though because I gained 40lbs in one month. Not everyone has this side effect though. If they offer it to you I would suggest you try it out. The food cravings side effect doesn't happen to everyone, I wish it wouldn't have happened to me. My Dr didn't want to give me the sinequan because of the tiredness side effect and I already fight that anyway.

Talk to your Dr and maybe you can find a way fo the pristig to work, give yourself time to adjust. It might be the best thing for you.

Sandra
        Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
        http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
        Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
        http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

I started taking Pristiq yesterday. Have you taken it yet? I have some side effects like the dry mouth and trouble sleeping and nervousess or anxiety. How about you? This one does not hurt my bladder at all..thank goodness. I tried wellbutrin and it hurt.

Comment

The pristiq made me too sick.. I took it with food too.only one pill --- so my Dr has put me back on 50mg Sinequan-- I was only taking 25 mg before..and that had stopped working for me...I am pretty zapped as I had Cysto/ hydro yesterday.. told me had a very tiny bladder and even with distension I can hold only 1 cup..Still have a very sore throat from the anesthetic..

Diagnosed 2003
            by cysto/hydro
            Pyridium -Made me sick
            IBS/ IC
            Metformin (prediabetic)
            Sinequan (depression)

Comment

wondering how you are doing now? i am taking pristiq for depression but it seems to be making my depression worse....or not helping.....doc also has me on tofranil for the bladder pain.....just 20mg before bed.....i thought it was helping but tonight i am having horrible pain, took a demerol

Comment

I am doing ok-- the 50mg of Sinequan really helps me sleep better..can go about two hours without peeing and that is good for me.. but that could also be result of the cysto/hydro or the DMSO treatments.
                Been dignosed on Mon. with osteoarthritis in neck, hands and spine, also my sugar is high (runs in my family) so am going to see a dietician for that.. I am thin and short too..not overweight by any means.
                IBS was acting up over night..

Some of the Anti depressants have the side affect of more depression.. so maybe you need to try something else.. Don't let it go --go back to Dr if you still are not feeling well...

Diagnosed 2003
                by cysto/hydro
                Pyridium -Made me sick
                IBS/ IC
                Metformin (prediabetic)
                Sinequan (depression)

Comment

I took pristiq for about six months. the only major side effect i had was it made me tired. I switched over to Wellbutrin. Doing decent on that.
                  What helps
                  Elmiron 200 mg bid
                  Wellbutrin XL anxiety and depression
                  Oxybutynin ER 10 mg
                  Yoga

tried and failed
                  Cardura, Hytrin, Flomax, Prosed DS, Vesicare, Pyridium, Cystoprotek (caused GI problems), Lyrica, Pamelor

"We can't wait until the storm is over. We need to learn to dance in the rain."

Comment

Working...
                  X