doxepin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doxepin

I just got back from my first time to a pain clinic. He gave me a nerve block which he called an epidural. They sedated me when doing it and it was not bad at all. It is just starting to wear off so don't know if I will have pain later or not. BUT, he put me on doxepin. I told him I have taken elavil and I gain weight so fast I did not want to take it. Now upon reading about doxepin, it sounds like it has the same side effects. Does anyone know anything about this drug or are you on it? Please, looking for answers.............I am at the bottom of a tunnel and feel there is no way out, no matter what I try.

thanks

I have taken Sinequan (doxipin) for many years.. I took only 25 mg.. for like 25 years or so.. just recently have gone up to 50 mg.. to help me sleep and deal with pain. arthritis in neck-- and the ic.
    Side affects. dry mouth. but got used to that np... crave sweets -- and yes bit of a weight gain.. I try to watch what I eat and exercise alot.

Hope things work out for you..
    God brought me to it, He will bring me through it!!!

Diagnosed 2003
    by cysto/hydro
    Elmiron took almost a year- made me sick, caused diarrhea
    Pyridium -Made me sick
    Detrol and Ditropan, Toviaz and Mrrbetriq- caused constipation and head ache.
    Tried DMSO instill- had 5 out of 6
    Started Oxytrol Patch-stopped using them after 3 months-- skin was getting irritated
    Cysto/hydro April 6th 2011-- on expansion only hold one cup
    IBS/ IC
    High blood pressure meds and Crestor
    Metformin (prediabetic)
    Sinequan (depression)

Comment

Working...
    X