I need help, I'm scared.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenna,
    Just ran across your post. I have had IC for about 5 years. I really haven't had what I call a remission yet. Pain is usually bearable but never ends. I have a severe flare two to four times a year. Am in one now. I am concerned that a remission my not be in my future. Doc is testing my hormones and wants me to try Elavil (Amitriptyline). I don't handle anti-depressents. Not sure what to do? What do you think has helped you most and what seems to be your leading cause of IC?

Comment

The use of Elavil (Amitriptyline) for IC is at a much lower dose then for depression, people start at 10mg and work up to the most I think I have seen is 50 mgs, for depression I think you take around 300mg if memory serves me correctly.

You should try it, it works really well for those who it works for. It didn't wokr for me but med all work differently on me than most.

If you try it just ask to start a low doseage and go from there. It makes some people sleepy but for some IC people this is a good side effect.

You can always stop it and try something different. It does seem to be a lot of Dr. first line of treatment for IC.

Good luck MG
      My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Working...
      X