Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pammylynn8
    replied
    I found that klonopin has helped me tremdously. I have been taking 1 mg in the morning, the oral dissolving tabs. Also, I know you said that you can't take lexapro, but once I got used to the med, the results were amazing for anxiety. hth

Leave a comment:

• sedavisoes
    replied
    I have a terrible problem with dry mouth since I started taking Zoloft and Elavil. When I was just taking Elavil I didn't have this problem. They are working well for me so I hate to switch. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• skybluesoul
    replied
    Nortriptyline (similar to Elavil) didn't work for me at all. I've done much better on Zoloft for anxiety.

Leave a comment:

• sedavisoes
    replied
    I take Zoloft and 25 m of Elavil. I take Zoloft in the morning and Elavil at night, doesn't make me sleepy. They sure give me a sweet tooth.

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    In the past Ativan, or Benadryl or Prozac are what helped me, along with CBT training (cognitive behavior training). All the antidepressants gave me stomach issues but Prozac seemed to be the least irritating if taken in small doses. I found out I was a low dose responder and only needed very small amounts of anything so when they kept trying to give me generic dosages they were too high and I had too many side effects. They seem to have this theory that "one dose fits all" but never take into account body weight, metabolism, etc.

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    replied
    zoloft works for my anxiety and depression as well as acupuncture,meditation

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    replied
    I have an rx for Lorazepam (Ativan) to use as needed. I have no issues with it and the cost is very cheap.

Leave a comment:

• gregw72
    started a topic Best drug for anxiety

Best drug for anxiety

I am wondering what has worked well for you all. Currently I am on Benzo's, which I do not want to be on long term. I have tried Buspar, which gave me an IC Belly and Lexapro and Prozac, both of which gave me GI issues that increased my urgency. My doctor wants to try Cymbalta, but that is very expensive... and I already pay enough now for Elmiron, Nascort (nasal steroid for allergies), Zyrtec and Elavil. Was thinking about increasing the Elavil from 20mg/day to a dosage for anxiety, but I am not sure if I can handle the side effects.
Working...
X