Wellbutrin XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wellbutrin XL

I recently re-started Wellbutrin after being off for a while, thought I felt better and didn't need it anymore, but it seems to hurt my bladder! I don't remember if it did in the past but it's the only AD that works and I've tried them all.

I guess I'll have to endure a little pain in exchange for a functional self.
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 07-23-2011, 05:44 PM.
    Dg. with IC 2/15/10

Other conditions: depression, ADHD, lactose intolerance, celiac disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS-C.

Medications I'm on: Vyvanse 70mg, Xanax 1 mg as needed, Wellbutrin XL 150 mg, Vicodin 5/500 as needed for pain, Microgestin 1/20 continuously.

Supplements I'm taking: Chondroitin Sulfate, N-acetyl-glucosamine, MSM 3gr/day, Pancreatin, B-5, Ester-C, and marshmallow root tea

My IC began the one and only day I ever took Wellbutrin. Obviously I stopped it immediately, but the IC didn't go away. I don't know if I would have had that reaction to it if I had not stopped my birth control pill a month before that. My IC did improve when I went back on the bc pill. I do think the Wellbutrin tipped the balance & set off the IC.
    At the time, I did notice in their package inset that some patients had had "cystitis" as a rare side effect. Guess i was one of the lucky ones. (Not.)
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

425runner did you continue to take the Wellbutrin and did the pain go away. I started Wellbutrin yesterday and noticed bladder pain and today when I took it I noticed pain again. The pain isn't all day and isn't really bad but I'm not sure if I should continue as it may cause a terrible flare. When I took Elmiron the pain increased each day I was on it after about 5 days I had to stop because I was in so much pain. Anyway your feedback would be appreciated.
      Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
      Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
      Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
      CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
      Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
      Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
      Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
      Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
      Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
      Naproxen:for pain as needed
      Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
      Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
      Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
      Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Carole -

I can't say the my bladder pain was related to Wellbutrin because I've eliminated all my medications except that and have no problems anymore. I think it's the adhd medications that cause trouble because our "hyper-alert" immune systems are not willing to except anything foreign or potentially toxic.

About 4 months ago I started a veggies, coconut oil, meats, fish, and eggs diet and have been pain free since then. Also, the only synthetic med I take is 75 mg Wellbutrin SR.

Just my 2 cents...hope you feel better soon!
        Dg. with IC 2/15/10

Other conditions: depression, ADHD, lactose intolerance, celiac disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS-C.

Medications I'm on: Vyvanse 70mg, Xanax 1 mg as needed, Wellbutrin XL 150 mg, Vicodin 5/500 as needed for pain, Microgestin 1/20 continuously.

Supplements I'm taking: Chondroitin Sulfate, N-acetyl-glucosamine, MSM 3gr/day, Pancreatin, B-5, Ester-C, and marshmallow root tea

Comment

Working...
        X