X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 425runner
    replied
    Carole -

I can't say the my bladder pain was related to Wellbutrin because I've eliminated all my medications except that and have no problems anymore. I think it's the adhd medications that cause trouble because our "hyper-alert" immune systems are not willing to except anything foreign or potentially toxic.

About 4 months ago I started a veggies, coconut oil, meats, fish, and eggs diet and have been pain free since then. Also, the only synthetic med I take is 75 mg Wellbutrin SR.

Just my 2 cents...hope you feel better soon!

Leave a comment:

• carole
    replied
    425runner did you continue to take the Wellbutrin and did the pain go away. I started Wellbutrin yesterday and noticed bladder pain and today when I took it I noticed pain again. The pain isn't all day and isn't really bad but I'm not sure if I should continue as it may cause a terrible flare. When I took Elmiron the pain increased each day I was on it after about 5 days I had to stop because I was in so much pain. Anyway your feedback would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    My IC began the one and only day I ever took Wellbutrin. Obviously I stopped it immediately, but the IC didn't go away. I don't know if I would have had that reaction to it if I had not stopped my birth control pill a month before that. My IC did improve when I went back on the bc pill. I do think the Wellbutrin tipped the balance & set off the IC.
    At the time, I did notice in their package inset that some patients had had "cystitis" as a rare side effect. Guess i was one of the lucky ones. (Not.)

Leave a comment:

• 425runner
    started a topic Wellbutrin XL

Wellbutrin XL

I recently re-started Wellbutrin after being off for a while, thought I felt better and didn't need it anymore, but it seems to hurt my bladder! I don't remember if it did in the past but it's the only AD that works and I've tried them all.

I guess I'll have to endure a little pain in exchange for a functional self.
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 07-23-2011, 06:44 PM.
Working...
X