Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celexa for IC, PFD, IBS and Vulvadynia???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celexa for IC, PFD, IBS and Vulvadynia???

I saw my PCP yesterday for my blood pressure, thryroid and other issues. I asked him what he knew about IC and if he could help me. I have exhausted 2 URO's my Gyn did not know enough about IC for me and I have been to 3 PT. One has been good so far and I also have a nurse that used to work in a Uro's office that is at a PCP office now who does know a lot about IC. However, I still feel like I need a Dr who specializes in IC. I have also been told I have IBS, PFD and vulvadynia. I told my PCP this and he told me to take celexa which would help all of these conditions. Is there anyone here that can say celexa helped them with these conditions? 3 yrs ago when I was first Dx I was on celexa then. I have tried and failed with elavil and doxepin. They both made me crave sugar and carbs and made me lethargic and I gained a ton of weight. It took me 3 months to go off celexa about a year and a half ago and really don't want the side effects that come with it either, especially if it will not make a difference for me. I think he wanted to give it to me because I was in tears over having this nightmare of an illness. And this was all he could offer me. I will be going back to see my nurse who I said is very helpful. But, I am still seeking answers everywhere I can. Thanks to all of you that can tell me if celexa helped you with these issues.

sully

Did this doctor explain how he thought this drug would help you? What symptoms exactly? IMO it seems misleading and overly ambitious to suggest that an SSRI anti-depressant to help with anything other than depression and possibly related anxiety. There are certainly many more treatments that are available to help specifically with the symptoms of your conditions. I'd keep searching for another doctor who has more options for you.

Comment

No he did not say how it would work, only that it could work for these conditions. I guess similar to the tri-cyclits, which make me gain way too much weight. I do have a history of anxiety and depression and I was in tears so I really think he wanted me to feel better by taking the celexa but he also said he did not know much about IC. I have "had it" with every Dr handing me a different drug to take that usually include a whole new set of side effects. I have decided to not take it, even if it might help with my depression. I am already on way too many drugs. I am going back to my meditation tapes and books and back to PT which I believe was helping some but I had house guests for over a month and it made it all just too stressful. I really work at stress reduction too. Thanks Brizza for the reply, I really appreciate hearing from all on this board who are the only ones that understand what we all are going through.

Hugs
      Sully

Comment

You're welcome, Sully.
        It wasn't until I stopped going to doctors and started really taking care of myself that I began to see vast improvements in all of my conditions and symptoms, including depression and anxiety. It's a big job lol but I'm the only one who can do it. I really had to stop expecting doctors to have the answers or magic cure for me. The answers I found finally were within myself and of my own doing. Good luck with your meditation. It can only help

Comment

Thanks again Briza, you give me hope again which I was really losing. Hope is really all I have left. Knowing that you found what worked for you gives me hope that I can do it too. Do you ever feel like you are losing your life as well? I feel like my life is just passing me by and I am just a spectator now. I miss so many birthdays, games, parties, visits with family, etc that I feel like I am a burden to my husband now and losing my friends because I say no to almost everything because I am afraid I will have to cancel at the last minute and then I will feel worse. Thanks for listening, as you can tell I am having some bad days.

sully

Comment

Working...
          X