No announcement yet.

VERY SERIOUS MUST READ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone. Thanks so much for all of the hugs and prayers. God really helped me through this. The dr. said everything was ok. My BP was a little high, but he said it was probably because I was so scared, duh. No residual problems and I should be 100% in a few days, whatever 100% is in my world. Hardy har-har! Anyway he said he had spoken with a neurologist and he said there were no side effects to be concerned about, when using Topamax. He said he believed me and was very concerned because he has prescribed Topamax so much. He said he was going to research it more and let me know what he finds out. My pharmacist also said in the pamphlet that 1 in 2000 epileptic patients had sudden death, under supervised clinical studies, during drug trials. HELLO? That seems pretty significant. I'm kind of the odd ball anyway (Allergic to all sorts of stuff). My dr. thinks it was probably more of an allergic reaction, of the Topamax. I agree with the above notes- 1. Always use the same pharmacy and try to speak with your pharmacist each time you add a new med to your arsenal. They don't always catch everything, and you still need to be counseled on all your meds (to refresh your memory). 2. Make sure all of your doctors confer with one another and that you are not being "double dosed", (they won't know unless you tell them). 3. Do your own research. Look up drug interractions. Some drugs don't even mix well with the craziest things, licorice, grapefruit juice, etc. I know this is long winded, but soooooooooo important! We have to take control of our own disease and not let it control us. Doctors are not God and they need all the help they can get. They don't know everything and we have all had our problems with informing them about IC. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I appreciate yours so much.
    TAKE CARE!
    -Reba

Comment

Hi Reba, I totally agree with your post. My pharmacists know me really well, and so they always know to tell me if I am prescibed a med, what the effects may be which is great, or interactions with another drug. I also inform my urologist about what meds I am on with my Nurse Practitioner. Very good advice, thanks for posting, hugs Iris.
      Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Working...
      X