Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clariten is that IC safe????

Hi friends:

I have clogged ears and my ear dr. thinks it could be allergies or eastahion tube dsyfunction and wants me to take Clariten today.....

Is Clariten IC safe?

thanks friends

Hi, input on stuff for a really sore, sore, throat, I think it is going around with that cold, I know we have it up here in the Pacific Northwest. Any ideas. would be helpful, sound like a croaky frog right now. I see my usual Nurse practitioner for my IC check up on Friday, see if it is tonsillitis, I know I am prone to that. Ribbet, ribbet, croaky green frog Iris blah blah
    Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

I'm not sure if Clartin is technically IC friendly, but I take it and it's never bothered me personally.

Hope you feel better!

Jen
      IC dx 1996
      Interstim 2000 removed & reimplanted 2001 & 2004
      Hunners ulcers
      urgency/frequency
      Pain

Comment

I don't know about Clartin. I have had good luck with Allegra and Zurterc (without the decongestant).
        Liz

Comment

I also take Allegra (80mg 2 x a day) and I think it has helped my issues. Never heard about Claritan. Good Luck. :p

Comment

I have been fine with Clariten, but flare terribly with Clariten-D. Decongestants are not good!

Good luck,
            Lyn
            grouphug

Comment

Hi

I live in the UK...

here, several people on the boards swear that Clarityn actually helps their bladders and i have noticed this too....

i don't think it can harm you, but you should always take care if you are taking other drugs as well....ask your dr or pharmacist as some combinations may be harmful.

Clarityn is loratidine.....

hope this helps.

Glynis

Comment

I guess if we are comparing, I can take Clariten but not Claritin D....in fact, I was on Clariten D when my internist put all the pieces together and sent me to a urologist for the first time. It felt like battery acid was in my bladder.

Good luck..........I do have luck using Afrin once or twice when I am sinusy......and I use NasalCrom all the time.....that is great stuff.

Hope this helps!
                Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
                IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
                IC Diet Website
                For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
                Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
                Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
                IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

I had Atarx prescribe to me by my uro (it is an antihitamine) I couldn't take it-it gave me heart palpitations. I had read on a website that Claritin is good for IC patients as an alternative.
                  alana

Peace, Love, Health, and Happiness!
                  Alana

Comment

Claratin (not Claratin D) should be fine.

Comment

I am on the elmiron cocktail, which intales taking 600mg elmrion a day, with 10mg claratin and 25mg of **** pill (which I refuse to take as it messes me up mentally)

So yes clartain (not the D) is supposedly good for bladders and allergys.

Cause I have to take it with the elmiron, my isurance covers it, I get it for less than 25 cents a pill vs $1 a pill otc..... good luck!
                      ~leanne

Comment

Just wondering....is Clariton an over the counter drug, or must we have a perscription??

Comment

It's over the counter.

Donna
                          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
                          X