Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    It's over the counter.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• CELESTRA
    replied
    Just wondering....is Clariton an over the counter drug, or must we have a perscription??

Leave a comment:

• photomom
    replied
    I am on the elmiron cocktail, which intales taking 600mg elmrion a day, with 10mg claratin and 25mg of **** pill (which I refuse to take as it messes me up mentally)

So yes clartain (not the D) is supposedly good for bladders and allergys.

Cause I have to take it with the elmiron, my isurance covers it, I get it for less than 25 cents a pill vs $1 a pill otc..... good luck!

Leave a comment:

• ic-debra
    replied
    Claratin (not Claratin D) should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• alana rose
    replied
    I had Atarx prescribe to me by my uro (it is an antihitamine) I couldn't take it-it gave me heart palpitations. I had read on a website that Claritin is good for IC patients as an alternative.
    alana

Leave a comment:

• Julie B
    replied
    I guess if we are comparing, I can take Clariten but not Claritin D....in fact, I was on Clariten D when my internist put all the pieces together and sent me to a urologist for the first time. It felt like battery acid was in my bladder.

Good luck..........I do have luck using Afrin once or twice when I am sinusy......and I use NasalCrom all the time.....that is great stuff.

Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• Glynis
    replied
    Hi

I live in the UK...

here, several people on the boards swear that Clarityn actually helps their bladders and i have noticed this too....

i don't think it can harm you, but you should always take care if you are taking other drugs as well....ask your dr or pharmacist as some combinations may be harmful.

Clarityn is loratidine.....

hope this helps.

Glynis

Leave a comment:

• Kim Schy
    replied
    I have been fine with Clariten, but flare terribly with Clariten-D. Decongestants are not good!

Good luck,
    Lyn
    grouphug

Leave a comment:

• LKK/hope
    replied
    I also take Allegra (80mg 2 x a day) and I think it has helped my issues. Never heard about Claritan. Good Luck. :p

Leave a comment:

• liz2
    replied
    I don't know about Clartin. I have had good luck with Allegra and Zurterc (without the decongestant).

Leave a comment:

• jhollenback
    replied
    I'm not sure if Clartin is technically IC friendly, but I take it and it's never bothered me personally.

Hope you feel better!

Jen

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Hi, input on stuff for a really sore, sore, throat, I think it is going around with that cold, I know we have it up here in the Pacific Northwest. Any ideas. would be helpful, sound like a croaky frog right now. I see my usual Nurse practitioner for my IC check up on Friday, see if it is tonsillitis, I know I am prone to that. Ribbet, ribbet, croaky green frog Iris blah blah

Leave a comment:

• bunni29
    started a topic Clariten is that IC safe????

Clariten is that IC safe????

Hi friends:

I have clogged ears and my ear dr. thinks it could be allergies or eastahion tube dsyfunction and wants me to take Clariten today.....

Is Clariten IC safe?

thanks friends
Working...
X