Plain old Benadryl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plain old Benadryl?

I was wondering if OTC Benadryl would work for me. My doc had mentioned it b/f but I never tired it. Anyone try it? Anyone have good results? I would have to take this at bedtime as it knocks me right out. I'm just trying to find something that I can add that will help me get out of this damn flare I have had for 2 months!
    Mom to:
    Ella~born 10/14/03
    Travis~born 5/8/06

Meds:
    Elmiron~2pills 2X a day
    Elavil~50mg at bedtime
    Had great results with this for almost 2 years. Currently in a flare since 1/9/07 Trying Urised, lidocane cream, Cystoproteck and now Benadryl at night to try and stop it.

Yes, plain old Benedryl will work fine. My doctor recommended 25mg of Benedryl at bedtime.

Comment

Why won't your doctor write you an rx for hydroxzine? I take 75mg a night. It would be much cheaper then what you will shell out for Benedrly.

Has your doctor put you on any anti spasm meds? there is urised, pyridum and pyridum plus, pryelle. there also are several otc ones.
      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I'm not sure why she hasn't gone this route. I actually never asked either, I should have.

I have a script for Urised but I don't notice any difference on it. I take it but I still feel the same wether I take it or not.
        Mom to:
        Ella~born 10/14/03
        Travis~born 5/8/06

Meds:
        Elmiron~2pills 2X a day
        Elavil~50mg at bedtime
        Had great results with this for almost 2 years. Currently in a flare since 1/9/07 Trying Urised, lidocane cream, Cystoproteck and now Benadryl at night to try and stop it.

Comment

My insurance wouldn't cover the hydroxizine because of their being an otc option, which I assume is benadryl? Also, my script for the hydroxizine was going to be $24 which seems high, and that was at WalMart.
          http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
          X