X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAS6
    replied
    update

I called my GP but she said she could only get me a weeks worth of singulair. So my IC Doc decided to nix that and we are moving on to something else. I had a rough day and posted about it under the pain managemnt thread. I just wanted to thank those who responded with info and ideas!

Leave a comment:

• RAS6
    replied
    Originally posted by SMR218 View Post
    Rachel, ask your docots to get free samples of Sungulair. I got a month worht of free samples from my ENT. I asked b/c I didn't want to purchase a bottle of med if I would have a bad reaction to it. I take singulair for seasonal allergies ( I take it on and off) b/c my copay is $40 and it adds up to all other meds, so I just take it a few time a week.
    When my docotr gave me the free samples 5 pills came im each packet and he gave me a bunch of them.
    You know what, I asked the Urologist, but for obvious reasons they didn't have any. Then it slipped my mind. THanks for the reminder. ALl I need is a months worth. Again though, if it helps It would be pretty upsetting if I can't continue taking it. My GP has tons of samples though. In fact I rarely have to pay for anti-biotics, ear drops, ect when I see her. They always have samples lying around. I could at least call her on Tuesday and see what she says.The worst she can say is "no". As far as GP's goes, she is wonderful, has known me and my family for 10 years, and she had more IC knoweldge than some of the Urologist's I saw.
    Thanks for reminding me!

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    replied
    Rachel, ask your docots to get free samples of Sungulair. I got a month worht of free samples from my ENT. I asked b/c I didn't want to purchase a bottle of med if I would have a bad reaction to it. I take singulair for seasonal allergies ( I take it on and off) b/c my copay is $40 and it adds up to all other meds, so I just take it a few time a week.
    When my docotr gave me the free samples 5 pills came im each packet and he gave me a bunch of them.

Leave a comment:

• RAS6
    replied
    Thanks for all the added info

Unfortunately I am not seeing any difference in symptoms on just the Cimetidine and the Allegra and my stupid insurance is still denying to pay for the Singulair. I had thought to buy it this one time and see if it works, but at $150 a month is would be a tease if I get relief b/c I can't pay that every month right now. I am in debt to so many hospitals as it is and trying to pay medical bills, other meds, co-pays, etc. So singulair is out unless I can find a program similar to the one Johnson and Johnson has for low income patients needing Elmiron. So far I haven't found one for Singuliar, and who knows if I would qualify b/c it is not being used for asthma (which is why the insurance company keeps denying it) My Doctor has gotten involved but it has been a month now and they are still denying to pay for it. So I am off to see him on thursday and explore new options, which will probably be Neurontin.
    Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by RAS6; 05-26-2007, 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling :)

Leave a comment:

• Rivet Kitty
    replied
    I take Zyrtec and Nasonex plus I have an inhaler. They've REALLY helped my allergies and the Zyrtec has improved my IC a little.

Leave a comment:

• catlover2
    replied
    I take 20mg of Singulair once a day. Here is a link that explains why Singulair is used as a IC treatment.
    http://algonot.com/pdf/Urology_IC.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Zygala87
    replied
    My Uro put me on Singulair and said something about mast cells. I've been feeling rather well. I am on the IC diet, Elmiron, and stopped smoking so I don't know if the Singular is making a big difference or not. I have insurance that pays without trouble. My heart ackes for you if it is costing more then you can afford. God know getting by day to day is hard enough. Maybe try a month of Singular and if you see no change tell the Doctor why you feel you need to omit it from your meds. Believe me, most Doctors really do understand the expenses. Ziggy

Leave a comment:

• ads
    replied
    I have heard of Singulair for IC from a pain clinic in NYC but they mixed it with pain meds, but don't know how much science is behind using it. Maybe a therory on the mast cells... We are basically an experiment with IC because they know more than before but so little. I have thought of myself as a lab rat many times, and it isn't a nice feeling.

ads

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    replied
    I take singular as needed. I was taking Zyrtec but I switched to singular b/c it doesn't cause dry eyes. I take singulair for seaseonal allergies. I take it ofetne but sometimes I skip b/c it is expensive.

Leave a comment:

• girl
    replied
    I'm on Singulair and Zyrtec, but I was put on them during an eight year remission from the IC, so I don't know if they help or not. (IF they do, I'd surely hate to see it without it!)
    Sorry I can't be more help.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I'm on Singulair, but it's for my asthma, not IC. I was diagnosed with IC after I started taking it, so I don't know if it makes a difference or not with my IC symptoms. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Leave a comment:

• RAS6
    started a topic Anyone on Singulair?

Anyone on Singulair?

HI! My Doctor wants to fully explore how I respond to antihistamines before we get into anti seizure drugs. For the next month he wants me to keep taking my Allegra and add Cimetidine and Singulair. The Cimetidine is a histamine blocker mainly used for stomach ulcers and GERD. THanksfully it is super cheap (Like $8 a month) Singulair is an asthma medication and it is pricy b/c no generic exists. Has anyone tried Singulair for IC? What about the combo of the three or similar meds? My insurance is fighting paying for my Singulair and I cannot afford the $150 this month. My Doctor's office is getting involved, but if it doesn't get approved is this a med the drug companies have a reduced plan for? It is very new to me, that's why I'm asking about it. I have only seen one person list it in their signature here on the ICN and I wasn't aware that it was an IC treatment option until my Doctor brought it up.
    I hope it helps, but am a little worried it will and I won't be able to pay for it every month. We are barely making ends meet and my husband may be losing his job in a few weeks. I am going to go look for the link with low cost meds and drug company programs right now.
    Thanks for you input!
    Last edited by RAS6; 04-28-2007, 05:13 AM. Reason: spelling :)
Working...
X