No announcement yet.

Allergic to someTHING?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

born2swim.. Thank you so much for sharing that..I have the same thing!! I have been wondering for along time if this was normal..lol never thought it could be an allergy.. Guess the mystery is over..lol thanks again!
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Originally posted by born2swim View Post
      glowstrz,

Here's a link to dermatographia if you're interested!: http://www.ohiohealth.com/bodymayo.c...etail&ref=2895

Hope this helped!
      Yes, Borntoswim....THANKS. You know its funny....my whole life I'vehad really sensitive skin, it gets red if I touch it and sticks around for awhile. Like if I wash my face, my facee stays red for awhile and looks like I've been crying for hours. Or if something just rubs against me it turns red. But then on top of that, once when I was younger, around 15 I think, I got that exact think where if I scratched myself, it would swell up. My mom took me to the dr. and he said I was just having an alergic reaction to something and it would go away....he might have put me on benedryl, but I cant remember. Either way, it DID go away. But crazy to think that its all related. Wow.
      IC
      Symptoms Began 4/03
      Diagnosed 9/03
      Started Elmiron 9/03 - 100mg X3 a day (As of 7/14 taking 2 in the morning and 1 at night, as of 11/14, taking 2 in the morning and 2 at night for 4 total per day. As of 7/17 taking 3 in the morning and 3 at night to knock out last symptoms)

VVS
      Diagnosed 6/07
      Hydroxyzine 25mg/day (Stopped taking when I was trying to get pregnant and have not restarted after birth of baby.)
      Estrace Cream X2 a day (Stopped using before and during my pregnancy. Have not restarted.)

Comment

delayed food allergy

For some reason I stumbled on a site for a lab that has a very sophisticated delayed food allery test (NOT just the ELISA that requires only one drop of blood but atleast a tube I think). They send you a kit and your doctor has to sign it and order the blood draw with it and they claim insurance will usually pay out-of-network. They also claim money back if you don't get better. You have to eliminate everything your blood reactes to for six weeks and then you have to add each substance back every 4 days to check for reactions. Sounds tough and it is expensive but it might be worth while if you think your IC is caused by allergies (your IC would probably respond to allergy medications like Zyrtec, benedryl, etc.)I'm not sure I am allowed to mention the site because it would be like advertising, but I'll give you a hint, the name is the name of an herb that means wise. Anyway has anyone tried this type of test? PV
        I got IC in 1970! I was not diagnosed until 1991. I've tried many drugs and therapies but I tend to only resort to drugs when in a flare because when I am not in a flare (from being good on diet), I suffer only from small bladder volume (like about 7 ozs.) and peeing will relieve the discomfort. When I am feeling relatively normal, I say to myself I am glad I am not on a drug. When I am in a flare, I say, why am I not on a drug! I've recently have been trying to solve my connective issue problems in general. I look to diet and herbs mostly unless it gets really bad. I still think there is great hope for each individual finding a path to healing and there are many.

Comment

i actually DONT have a lot of allergies. for instance, my mom has terrible hay fever and outdoor allergies and i dont (though she said she got them later in life, so it will probably happen to me too). but i DO have little skin issues now and then. i've had one doc tell me eczema, and another tell me psoriasis. Either way, i used to have a very red itchy scalp from time to time, as well as wierd rashes pop up. Let me clarify that this was only every once in a while, so whatever i had, it was mild. Now that i've switched to all natural cosmetics and body care, i hardly have skin issues anymore. I just started atarax, and i wonder if it will even work for me because i have very little allergies, so i'm hoping and praying it will help.
          diagnosed IC Jan 2007 (though i feel i've had it mildly for years)
          frequent UTIs
          No frequency, just urgency and pain!

tramadol 50mg twice a day. this stuff works good for nerve pain!!!! (update, i'm down to mostly one pill a day now!)

Physical Therapy. if you have pelvic nerve pain or muscle pain, its worth a try. it helped me with the constant burning.

TENS may help a little

Cystoprotek might be helping as well. i'm getting better as time goes on and this could be why.

fish oil, herbal teas, skullcap (might try passionflower for nerves) I'm not very diet sensitive.

Went OFF elavil and nortryptiline (worked wonders, but didnt like the weight gain)

Comment

I have a terrible time with bleeding gums. My hygenist is always horrified and says I am not flossing enough. I keep telling her I do but I am still bleeding. I think she feels like I'm lying!
            Blessings and Hope

Current Meds.
            OFF MY MEDS
            Vivelle Dot: .10 changed every 72 hours
            Compoounded Progesterone 25mg/night

Current Supplements
            Hydroeye: 2 pills AM

Diagnosed
            1995: Endometriosis
            1998: Interstitial Cystitis
            2006: Bladder Endometriosis, Total Hysterectomy and Bowel Re-Section
            2008: Removal of Ovarian Remnant and Endometrial Cyst That was Obstructing Ureter
            2012: Laparoscopic Removal of Adhesions and Staples

Comment

Working...
            X