Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theclownster
    replied
    Hi there! I take atarax 25mg at night. I try to take it a couple of hours before I actually go to bed just so it's easier for me to wake up in the morning. I guess I have dry mouth - but I've been like this for so long, I'm just used to it. I constantly carry a water bottle around with me. Every time I wake up in the middle of the night I take a big drink of water. I also drink everytime I use the bathroom (just after going) as I seem to be dried out then. Do you think you could take the atarax a few hours before bedtime?

I don't personally take it during the day, but have heard of other IC patients taking it at night and in the day. I would check with your doctor and see what he/she recommends.

Good luck!
    Jennifer

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    replied
    atarax

atarax didnt make me sleepy at all
    i now take it in the am

wit the cystoprotek

elavil at night

i feel great

Leave a comment:

• Bethrlk
    replied
    Hi Nocole and Tigger!

I take 50mg of Atarax a night and 25mg during the day. I find it helps me drift off to sleep easier and lets me rest, even if I have to void A LOT during the night....I do get very dry from it, so I use a cool mist humidifier in the bedroom and I drink lots of bottled water during the day.

When my meds changed from 25mg to 50mg at nighttime, I felt a little groggy in the mornings for about a week...but it stopped....

Have a good night!

Beth (-:

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I take 75 mg hydroxizine at night, I also take a drink with me. I alays have some type of cough drop, breath mints or hard candy on me because of the dry mouth. I really never gave it much consideration that it could be the hydroxizine.

Leave a comment:

• NicoleB
    started a topic a couple of atarax questions!

a couple of atarax questions!

For those of you who take it only once a day (at night for instance) do you notice you feel good the whole next day as well? because i was reading about atarax, and how it tends to wear off after 6 hours, and often needs dosing multiple times a day. i think thats the case with me. i take atarax in the morning (cant take it at night because the dry throat constantly wakes me up, and i dont get that drowsy from it anyway) and by late afternoon, i feel the burning coming back. I was thinking about calling my doctor and asking if i could take it twice a day. but would that really help? thanks!

Also, for the dry mouth issue, i just chew gum. but at night, my throat gets very hoarse and i wake up alot needing a drink of water. then i cant get back to sleep because the dryness is so uncomfortable. water barely helps becaues its more of a "dry windpipe" and swallowing water doesnt get to the dry spots. Anybody have success with using a humidifier for instance? i would rather take this med at night because it does make me a little loopy when i take it in the morning.
Working...
X